A newbie from Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Hope Crystal

Post by Hope Crystal »

Hey there.

I just joined. I stole the idea from my friend Randi.
I heard her read Anne of Green Gables, and I'm hooked!
I'm excited, yet scared to get started with my reading.
YAY!!
:D
Hope Crystal :)
Live Well, Laugh Much, Love Often
Hope :)
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Hope Crystal! There are a couple of Anne projects happening at the moment and I hope to hear you in them soon!

But before you get started with a big project, why not get your feet wet with a small one or two? Pop into the Short Stories and Poetry section. You'll find the Weekly Poetry piece. It's about a two-minute piece this week; a lovely poem written by someone I'd been unaware of until I read this poem.

Another option is to nab one of Aesop's Fables - they're even shorter. In fact, most of them are under a minute. Pop on in and get used to the mechanics of reading before unleashing your enthusiasm upon a larger project!

It's great to have you aboard, Hope - it's always nice to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

And then, when you have recorded a very short piece, you could work your way up to a slightly longer one - Pinocchio in Readers Wanted: Books, for example (this is the place where book coordinators come, ostentatiously to greet newbies, but really to lure them into reading sections for their projects... :)).

Welcome to LibriVox, Hope! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Hope!

Black Beauty also has very short chapters :)
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=720

*dangles lure*

Happy reading!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
vee

Post by vee »

Yay! Hi hope. Welcome to LV. I kindof like the purple/pink.

I'm going to plug Phantom of the Opera, but the chapters are quite a bit longer, and involve lots of french pronunciations, but if you're from Canada they should be easy! :)

Good to have you aboard

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Hi HC ... stealing ideas is sort of what we're all about ...so steal away! some of us prefer to call it "liberation" though... oh and of course it's legal stealing, all public domain.