I am new from germany

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
renate

Post by renate »

I want to take part in this site, because I work as "sprecherzieherin" in the north of germany. I am planning to participate with interested people of my courses, who want to read german literature.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Renate,

Welcome to LibriVox! It's great that you want to help out, and that you might get your students involved in reading for us, too! Only restrictions, as I said in my PM reply to you just now, is the US copyright - only books that were originally published before 1923 may be used (European copyright is different, therefore there are more books on the German Gutenberg site, for instance - but we have to abide by US law here).

Any questions, please ask - and we look forward to a little boost to our German language catalogue! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
HerrSchildkroete

Post by HerrSchildkroete »

Welcome, Renate :-)
Jabber ID: smurflord@jabber.org
vee

Post by vee »

Great to have you aboard Renate. Hope you have fun. Don't be afraid to ask us questions, we'll do just about anything we can to get more volunteers into the mix.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
HerrSchildkroete

Post by HerrSchildkroete »

It just crossed my mind:
renate wrote:...I am planning to participate with interested people of my courses, who want to read german literature....
That sounds like you're best suited to actually do real plays. They're just so much better when read (mit verteilten Rollen) (how'd you say that in english? anybody?)
*dreaming*
Jabber ID: smurflord@jabber.org
kayray

Post by kayray »

HerrSchildkroete wrote:It just crossed my mind:
renate wrote:...I am planning to participate with interested people of my courses, who want to read german literature....
That sounds like you're best suited to actually do real plays. They're just so much better when read (mit verteilten Rollen) (how'd you say that in english? anybody?)
*dreaming*
With separate/individual roles? :) (Instead of one reader reading all roles in a play, casting one reader per character)

Renate, whatever you decide to read, I will enjoy it. I spent part of the weekend playing videogames with Raynr's Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei playing in the background... I understood about 1% but I always enjoy hearing the sound of German :)

Wilkommen/Welcome to librivox!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Kara wrote:I spent part of the weekend playing videogames with Raynr's Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei playing in the background...
Hang on a minute, Kara. Which part was that? You mean to say you recorded and edited 6 chapters, and still found time to do that? *goes to find a public domain time management book that Kara can record with her own magic notes*
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Well, my son was with his dad all weekend, and my husband worked all night Saturday so slept all day Sunday -- so I had an unusual amount of quiet alone-time! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello renate,

welcome to librivox,

there are several German projects that long for fresh readers, but new projects are also welcome.
kayray wrote:I spent part of the weekend playing videogames with Raynr's Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei playing in the background... I understood about 1% but I always enjoy hearing the sound of German :)
And Kara, if you just like the sound of the German language, you will be delighted about my new project: the reading of a historical telephone book :wink:
Ok, that's a joke, but I am currently working on Werther, as you recently remembered :D
kayray wrote:*wipes panicky sweat from brow*
and I have finished recording, I just have to edit two chapters. You will be able to listen to more German.

Don't get distracted, renate. Here are very nice people and you will get to know them all. Once again, welcome to Librivox.

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
marcusx

Post by marcusx »

Hi Renate!

Welcome to librivox!

regards
marcus