New with material ready to go!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I really hate being a wet blanket but this is why we have this:

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToBecomeABookCoordinator

All this hand holding is a bit much to ask of all our admin who are, after all, volunteers. We NEVER encourage new members to coordinate a whole book on their own for this very reason. We prefer new members to participate in the project so they become familiarized with the whole process.

If Lezer is willing to help coordinate all this, great!

Sorry for the wet blanket. You may now proceed in your merry way.

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Esther,
I know, I know - I'm sure no-one meant it like that! But I happen to have a little bit of time at the moment, and I'm crazy enough to want to try it. I have a little bit of experience, too, by this time, so I could BC it - I mean, take on all the things that a non-admin can.
I'll post something in the "readers found" forum, if that's okay - and see how far we get. Matthew, I think we can do this without too much burden on the MCs, if we follow the regular procedures.
Hope this is OK? Let me know otherwise.
Anna
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Starlite wrote:I really hate being a wet blanket but this is why we have this:

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToBecomeABookCoordinator

... We prefer new members to participate in the project so they become familiarized with the whole process.
... You may now proceed in your merry way.

Esther
Hey, I think Esther missed the first post here -- gkcleveland wasn't trying to be a book coordinator or bypass the typical LV volunteering path -- the whole project was already completed, edited, prooflistened. The central question was, what now would be needed to make this become a LibriVox recording?

Yay to the hands at hand!
Yay to the whole completed collection, pretty close to ready to go.
Yay to gkcleveland becoming familiarized with the whole process (hoping you can participate though you're soon to be sans technology; gee whiz).
We just have to get this gift horse into the stable. :D
I'm going to go hunt down the book's thread now...
Anita
lezer

Post by lezer »

:D
To help in your hunt: here's the thread we made for this project: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12234

Nine essays are ready to be uploaded (2 of the 11 unfortunately turned out not to be PD in the US..., I'm still hoping that those 2 readers will record another essay) - if anyone has the time to be MC he or she would be very welcome!
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

If Anita doesn't pick it up as MC, I'll be happy to. So much work has been done already, it'd be a shame to not get it into the catalogue...

David
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

earthcalling wrote:If Anita doesn't pick it up as MC, I'll be happy to. So much work has been done already, it'd be a shame to not get it into the catalogue...

David
Let's see now ... I really like these guys, so which MC would I wish on them, David or SlackerAnita ... hmmm ... not a tough one, folks.

Yay to David, who does So Much More than cheer from the sidelines (my particular specialty).
Anita
lezer

Post by lezer »

Haha ! Thank you very much to you both - but the third dog has run off with the bone :D

This project has already been snapped up.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

gkcleveland wrote:... when I was doing the project, I made it clear to all the reading volunteers that this project was going to be freely accessable on the net, not for profit, etc. They all agreed that was ok.
Hi!

I haven't read this thread in detail so it might have been said: although LV doesn't make any profit whatsoever, once they are dedicated to the public domain, anyone can make profit using the recordings whichever way one wants.
If that ever were the case (ex.: recordings being sold on eBay with or without any credit), would it still be OK with each reader.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?