Hello Everyone....I'm gToon

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gToon

Post by gToon »

Hello,

I'm gToon, or, in the real world, Richard Grove. I'm a bookstore clerk at the Iliad Bookshop in North Hollywood, CA. I came to your site via a post on boingboing.net and really like what you are doing here. After looking over the site and reading the faq, I've decided to join up! I've got quite a bit of experience reading, so I think I'll start with a novel.

This year I started a book blog (booklad.blogspot.com) and recently posted about this website. I'm looking forward to being here and doing some reading aloud.

Thanks!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

gToon wrote:I came to your site via a post on boingboing.net and really like what you are doing here. After looking over the site and reading the faq, I've decided to join up! I've got quite a bit of experience reading, so I think I'll start with a novel.
Wow! You're ambitious! (But ambitious is GOOD.)

Welcome to Librivox - Have fun recording, and give a holler if you desire help, feedback, or just chatting. Lots of friendly people in these parts. :)

-Catharine
gToon

Post by gToon »

Thank you, Catherine. Looking forward to it.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Richard, welcome to librivox! Glad you found us. I checked out your blog -- thanks for the nice post :)

Happy reading!

kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Richard. Glad to have you here. There are plenty of books to jump on if you'd like. If you have questions just holler and someone will notice above the din of daily postings :)

Just out of curiousity, how did you find out about Librivox?
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
gToon

Post by gToon »

I found out about LibriVox via a post on boingboing.net which took me to Xeni's article at NPR.