Hello from Utah

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
heatherausten

Post by heatherausten »

I've been hanging around LibriVox for a few weeks now and thought I should sit down and introduce myself. My name is Heather and I'm from Utah, USA. I am a huge reader (fiction primarily) and have enjoyed contributing to a couple of LibriVox projects so far. So, hi everyone!
~Heather~
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Hello Heather.

I connect beautifull memories with utah!

I?ve been to Moab - Gone totally nuts mountainbiking in slickrock! I downhilled one slope and the sun was standing so high it didn?t throw shadows, so i missed that edge, it was invisible. Suddenly my front wheel dropped away from under me, i made a full tilt and rocketed my head on the ground full on top, the bike after me, like never in my life. Would had smashed my brain on slickrock, had i not worn a helmet - after i realized what just happened to me, or - well - not happened to me, i remember i sent an instant thankful prayer to the lord of helmets and rockshox afterwards. Didn?t keep me from biking on though. YOu know, without much money, a european biker doesn?t get to see slickrock often. Slickrock is heaven. Sun was really burning there. I biked on made it back late afternoon - barely made it. Every other twist of the cranks was a torture. Exhausted and totally dehydrated. Oh boy, did i get awfully sick, quivered, and whatnot. Friends upped me slowly back to health with bananas and fruitdrinks. They all went into town later on. Not me. Did i mention sunburn? To sum it all up - i was utterly senseless. Young man, mountain bike, slickrock - dangerous combination. I?d do it again anytime. The Feeling is unforgettable.

Uhm...yeah...
happy reading. Thanks for letting me have that memory...and for beeing here. :D
Last edited by Stephan on January 31st, 2006, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]
kayray

Post by kayray »

Lol! Such happy memories, Stephan :)

Welcome, Heatherausten -- thanks for joining us. Make yourself at home, and have fun :)

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
heatherausten

Post by heatherausten »

Thanks for the welcome, Kara and Stephen.

Stephen, :D What a memory! My personal favorite outdoorsy place in Southern Utah is Bryce National Park.

Hopefully, someday I'll get over to Germany. I visited England this summer and absolutely loved it (my first trip abroad).

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.
~Heather~