Hello and Big Thanks

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
devoinregress

Post by devoinregress »

Hello all. I would just like to say thank you. I am dislexic and this is a great recource. I love listining to books but audio books are expensive and a hassle. The podcast makes keeping up with reading eazy and I am looking forward to the expanding collection of books, poems, and other stories.

Thanks! you guys are wonderful!
And a big Hello from NYC!
kri

Post by kri »

This is great to hear!! Have you checked out the project that's spawned out of Librivox called ReVoxer? They're attempting to create a recorder/audio playback that syncs with the text so you can read as it scrolls. (http://revoxer.sourceforge.net/)

If you're ever up to getting the mic and software to help us do a few recordings, you're perfectly welcome!
vee

Post by vee »

Wow, the stories about how LV has been helping people are always amazing and varied. I would never have thought of using it in this manner. Thanks for mentioning it.

If you're up for spreading the wealth some too, jump on in. Let us know if you need help getting started.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
devoinregress

Post by devoinregress »

I would love to help but I am not very good at reading witch is why I am listining to you. If I could read better than I would help in an instant.
vee

Post by vee »

Not a problem! Not everyone is comfortable with recording their own readings, but if you check out http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 This is our Listener's wanted section. Basically some people volunteer simply to listen to other people's complete recordings to look for obvious mistakes (like forgetting to edit something out. Like the occasional burp or phone ring or what not) It's up to you and we do not require that people participate in any way other than to enjoy the evergrowing catalog. :)
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, Devo, glad you're enjoying our recordings! As Vee said, we sure could use some help over in the Listeners Wanted section -- and in case it's not obvious, you don't have to actually EDIT the recordings, just jot down the filename and the time of the little error and then let us know.

Most of all, though, we hope you'll continue to be happy listener :)

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)