Greetings from SoCal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Soprano

Post by Soprano »

Hi, everyone!

I heard about LibriVox in passing on an episode of the Digital Duo, thought it sounded like a neat project and came to check it out. A couple of the books in progress sound like they'd be interesting and fun to contribute to, so here I am. I've done some reading before -- I was a volunteer biology/medicine/psychology reader for Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic several years ago, and I've missed it.

Give me a chance to download and set up the audio recording software and I'll sign up for my first project. :)

Lydia
Lydia Uribe
Winnetka Shelter for Maladjusted Singers
Winnetka, CA
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Soprano wrote:Give me a chance to download and set up the audio recording software and I'll sign up for my first project.
Oh, all right then... if you insist...

Only joking, of course! :) Welcome to LibriVox, so glad you've found your way here. It'll be great to hear your voice! Let us know if you have any questions. Short Works is a good place if you want to test your set-up with a piece that's not time-consuming, or jump right in and claim a chapter of a book!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
vee

Post by vee »

Yeah I guess we really had to twist your arm on that one.

Welcome aboard. We've had many stories of and many ways of getting here and we're always glad to have more members. Give us a shout if you have any questsions.

Wish I was in So. Cal right now. It's chilly today.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Lydia!

Glad you're here!

You and I seem to have a few points in common: I majored in biology (though I've never done any tech reading), and, by your signature, I assume you're a soprano - me too. :)

Hope you enjoy yourself here; I'm looking forward to hearing your readings once you've had a chance to get some up. :)

-Catharine
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Lydia! Welcome to Librivox. I'm another SoCal'ian :)

Happy reading!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)