New one from Poland

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
te-tris

Post by te-tris »

Hi everyone ;]

I'm a student of english philology from Poland. I've come across this website yesterday trying to find a book from my readinglist and... I actually found it ;]
I would like to thank ChrisHughes for the recording of Charles Dickens' "Great Expectations". I'm sure it'll be a great help for me...

Probably I won't be posting any recordings of my own for some time yet since my pronounciation is not satisfying for such attempts, I guess ;)

I love Robert Ludlum's books... I hope I will find some here too

Sorry for my english- there'll probably be hundreds of mistakes in my posts ;P but believe me- I'm trying to improve it every day ;)
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Te-tris,

Have fun here :)

Robert Ludlum's books are not PD :(
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Cori

Post by Cori »

If you want to practice by recording in Polish, te-tris, before getting into English (which you'd be VERY welcome in, no matter what the pronunciation) ... we have recently started Bruno Schulz, though I'm hoping we'll have other options too, as our Polish community grows. If you don't want to record, but could help by proof-listening, or just want to say 'hi' there, please do!

And / or you could try a short piece in English -- perhaps the Weekly Poetry..?

Whatever you do, though -- have fun!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
than

Post by than »

oh, hiya!
it's absolutely wonderful to see you here, te-tris :) feel invited to join our sklepy cynamonowe project, we'll be delighted to have another voice with us - and there are still some really nice parts to grab.

so, where exactly are you writing from? :)

pozdrawiam,
sandra
[size=75]
I've never been quarantined, but the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea. - [b]george carlin[/b][/size]
te-tris

Post by te-tris »

Thanks for such encouraging welcome ;) I see the atmosphere here is really inviting. I promise I'll think about joining your project, than ;) and I'll try to find some time to do some proof-listening too.
I'm from Lublin. Have you been there maybe ?
than

Post by than »

sure i have! :) oh, iapetus is from lublin, too...
i'm from jastrzebie zdroj (near katowice), though now i live in bielsko-biala...

well then, i'm waiting (im)patiently for your contribution... or simply friendly presence ;)

and the most important thing: enjoy! :)
[size=75]
I've never been quarantined, but the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea. - [b]george carlin[/b][/size]