An American in Germany, artist, daddy

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
PeaceGalley

Post by PeaceGalley »

It's a pleasure to get the chance to be around what I suspect are some other lovers of the uncommon.

I moved to Germany from Maryland, USA over a year ago. I got a wife, I got a new baby but I didn't get a job! So voice acting might be the cure to that - I don't need any help finding hobbies 8-)

I studied computer animation and run a small, happy YT channel teaching others.

Somehow, repairing computers got me food blogging a decade ago and despite closing the page down, I still can't shake it. The food in Germany is all shades of meat and other meat but my wife is a foodie, so I STILL share food things on a FB page.

I've ambitiously got my mind on opening a restaurant near Dresden where I'll serve, ohhhh, I dunno. Meat maybe. But the inspiration for art here cannot be overstated. It's remarkably easy to get around and so fun to tour even the most humble of streets. So that got me painting water colors (I even sold one!).

Photography's a breeze (only ever sold one) and the wife is a natural travel photographer though she won't admit it. However, with a litter of kids between me and her all younger than ten, there's not much time for a livelihood involving lengthy labor so I'll have a crack at working like I live, in Chapters :)

So it's by far a new one of those for me and the son I brought! I hope a handful of you and I can connect well artistically or socially for a long time to come. It's good to be here.
First LibriVox listen was The Black Arrow by R.L.S. Now I try to give back.
More me at my site.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've had the best Schnitzel in Germany. Revelation!

Have fun here!
MacKenzie

Post by MacKenzie »

Meat? Well ok but it's the fresh breads from German bakeries that I miss. Take a fresh Bauer-Brötchen from Sehne, cut in half, toast it lightly & spread salted butter = heaven! Or go to France & get some fresh Baguette = to die for! I'm only getting started but I stop. Well first I have to add that you can get a wonderful butter in French groceries. I don't remember what it's call but it has a black wrapping & is extra salted with sea salt = ausgezeichnet!
Oh, and welcome to Librivox :) I'm new