Good Day to you!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Spencil

Post by Spencil »

Hey! I'm Spencer. Nice to meet ya :)

A bit about me: I have social anxiety and have always found difficulty speaking in large groups and crowds. Part of the reason why I joined is to gain more confidence with speaking, practicing a range of breathing techniques that I've researched into.

Also, I'm a big nerd & I've loved reading since I was a kid. I would describe my tastes as a bit eclectic. My favourite books include Sophie's Choice, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The World According to Garp, & Norwegian Wood.

I look forward to participating in this community!
deee133

Post by deee133 »

Spencil wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:28 pm Hey! I'm Spencer. Nice to meet ya :)

A bit about me: I have social anxiety and have always found difficulty speaking in large groups and crowds. Part of the reason why I joined is to gain more confidence with speaking, practicing a range of breathing techniques that I've researched into.

Also, I'm a big nerd & I've loved reading since I was a kid. I would describe my tastes as a bit eclectic. My favourite books include Sophie's Choice, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The World According to Garp, & Norwegian Wood.

Hi Spencer, nice to meet you! I definitely relate to having social anxiety and have found online interactions to be very helpful in getting over some fears little by little. I just finished reading Norwegian Wood with my book club not too long ago and really enjoyed it! Have you read other books by Murakami? I have been wondering what else I should pick up. Either way, excellent picks and welcome to the team!
Spencil

Post by Spencil »

deee133 wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:31 am
Spencil wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:28 pm Hey! I'm Spencer. Nice to meet ya :)

Hi Spencer, nice to meet you! I definitely relate to having social anxiety and have found online interactions to be very helpful in getting over some fears little by little. I just finished reading Norwegian Wood with my book club not too long ago and really enjoyed it! Have you read other books by Murakami? I have been wondering what else I should pick up. Either way, excellent picks and welcome to the team!
Yes, I've read most of his books! I would recommend Wind Up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore.