Sylph enters the arena!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Sylphwyld

Post by Sylphwyld »

Hi all! I go by Sylph (they/them) online so I can keep my job and hobby separate. Acting, specifically voice acting, has been a passion of mine for a very long time now, and I'm hoping to encounter pieces that can challenge my skills and make me grow as a VA. I'm very much looking forward to working with you on your next project!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hello again Sylph, and welcome to Librivox!

I must admit I joined for chapter reading, particularly historical fiction, but the pull of these Dramatic Readings (DRs) and plays has sucked me in, and I can now see why folks love acting! I started out doing character voices within my chapters, which was good practice, but I also enjoy hearing how my own reading melds with that of other readers in a dramatic work.

I can very much understand keeping job and hobby separate - I don't go by my real name for much online, so I can share my hobby name with the folks in my life I want to know about it, and be just another name on the internet to folks who don't really need to know.

I'm indeed looking forward to working with you, and excited to hear the voice of Lydia! Mansions is the first play I'm editing, and I just hope my editing chops are worthy of what I'm sure will be a set of entertaining performances. :D
Sylphwyld

Post by Sylphwyld »

Redrun, I'm so glad you understand! I didn't want to come across as pretentious or unnecessarily mysterious! Also, many brownie points for being our audio tech and editor! I'm sure you'll do just fine! :wink:

The dramatic reading portion of this line of work has me SO EXCITED because I FINALLY get to use my minor in theater that I got over a decade ago. :lol: I'm just rarin' to go at it! All I need to deal with is this pesky mic issue!