I'm told I have a face for radio...and a voice to match :D

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TinaP

Post by TinaP »

Hello fellow narrators / voice-over enthusiasts!

Brand new here and looking forward to recording asap! I've been reading aloud for many years, have read to children, elderly, anyone who will listen really lol. I'm told regularly that I have a very soothing, melodious voice that would lend well to narration, so here I am! I am fluent in English and French and am ready to take on jobs that require either language - or same story in both would be fun!

Looking forward to virtually meeting some of you - please dont hesitate to say Hi!

In friendship,

TinaP
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello Tina, welcome and bienvenue at LibriVox :)

I'm always thrilled to find new voices for our French speaking group projects. (did you grow up bilingual, if I may ask ?) So maybe you want to check them out one day and see whether anything strikes your fancy. For the moment we have 4 group projects running which still have open sections (5 if you count the multilingual, where French is naturally also accepted).

> Collection: pièces en un acte & monologues 003: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=86469
> Compilation de poèmes - 015: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87391
> La Lecture, tome quatrième: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=93007
> Histoire générale du IVe siècle à nos jours. Tome 03. Formation des grands états: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=93502
> Multilingual Short Works Collection 032 - Poetry & Prose: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92080

but (of course there is always a but :lol: ) before you start recording, we strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test. Please post the test in the "Post your test recording" forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok, you can start recording like there is no tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Maybe I'll be seeing you soon in one of "my" projects :)

Have fun

Sonia
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Tina! Hi! Welcome to many people's favorite addiction! Check this thread out viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28949 if you have any doubts. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or many, in one, or all, of the three books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine
TinaP

Post by TinaP »

Hi Sonia!

Thanks for reaching out - so nice to meet you :) !

I just posted my 1 minute test today so once I get the green light, I'll take a peek at your projects. And yes I grew up bilingual, in Quebec.
I'll be in touch - have a great evening/day!

Kindly,

TinaP
Kitty wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 1:07 pm hello Tina, welcome and bienvenue at LibriVox :)

I'm always thrilled to find new voices for our French speaking group projects. (did you grow up bilingual, if I may ask ?) So maybe you want to check them out one day and see whether anything strikes your fancy. For the moment we have 4 group projects running which still have open sections (5 if you count the multilingual, where French is naturally also accepted).

> Collection: pièces en un acte & monologues 003: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=86469
> Compilation de poèmes - 015: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87391
> La Lecture, tome quatrième: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=93007
> Histoire générale du IVe siècle à nos jours. Tome 03. Formation des grands états: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=93502
> Multilingual Short Works Collection 032 - Poetry & Prose: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92080

but (of course there is always a but :lol: ) before you start recording, we strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test. Please post the test in the "Post your test recording" forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok, you can start recording like there is no tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Maybe I'll be seeing you soon in one of "my" projects :)

Have fun

Sonia
TinaP

Post by TinaP »

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much for reaching out - its a pleasure to meet you!

I just submitted my 1 minute test today so as soon as I get the green light, I'll check out your projects for sure.

Have a great evening/day!

Kindly,

TinaP
brownrottger wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 7:02 pm Hi Tina! Hi! Welcome to many people's favorite addiction! Check this thread out viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28949 if you have any doubts. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or many, in one, or all, of the three books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TinaP wrote: August 8th, 2022, 4:35 pmI just posted my 1 minute test today so once I get the green light, I'll take a peek at your projects. And yes I grew up bilingual, in Quebec.
ah Québec, that explains it :) We already have one other reader from Québec here, so you are not alone.

I'll be seeing you again soon, I guess. I see you got some feedback on your test already, so only a few settings to tweak and it's a go !

Sonia