Introducing Self

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AmandaBattleVO

Post by AmandaBattleVO » June 22nd, 2022, 5:38 pm

Hello everyone!

I am a new voiceover artist and am looking forward to contributing to this community. Thank you for all of the work you've done over the years to make this possible.

I live in DC and am a recovering attorney.

Cheers,
Amanda Battle

lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal » June 23rd, 2022, 3:10 am

AmandaBattleVO wrote:
June 22nd, 2022, 5:38 pm
Hello everyone!

I am a new voiceover artist and am looking forward to contributing to this community. Thank you for all of the work you've done over the years to make this possible.

I live in DC and am a recovering attorney.

Cheers,
Amanda Battle
Hi Amanda! Welcome to LibriVox! It's a good idea to do the 1 minute test [psst not really a test] before beginning a recording project.
I swapped antipodes but it all feels spherically the same

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 23rd, 2022, 9:48 am

Hi Amanda and a big Welcome to LibriVox! Your intro as 'a recovering attorney' really caught my eye and made me chuckle. (do you have meetings?) Anyway, with your sense of humor, you will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image
This just in: corduroy pillows are making headlines
Volume a problem? How I Always Hit 89dB With One Click https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk

CalebCamus

Post by CalebCamus » June 23rd, 2022, 10:22 am

His, I'm Caleb in Los Angeles. My grandfather was blind and I fell in love with audiobooks listening to incredible old and warped vinyl records of them with him. Nice to be hear. So I come to find out at age 60 that I'm ADHD off the charts, but the kind where you have to be doing something all the time. I'm an artist and musician and have often described myself -- in resonance with the above new member -- as a recovering journalist.
Last edited by CalebCamus on June 23rd, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

AmandaBattleVO

Post by AmandaBattleVO » June 23rd, 2022, 10:23 am

Thanks for the links and suggestions and introduction to Ms. Maria.

Bagseo

Post by Bagseo » Yesterday, 2:57 am

philchenevert wrote:
June 23rd, 2022, 9:48 am
Your intro as 'a recovering attorney' really caught my eye and made me chuckle. (do you have meetings?)
Hilarious. :wink: It's great to learn of so much recovery going on in the world!

I can't offer you any advice as I'm new too - other than to try and follow all the information, guides/videos and suggestions - but welcome. It seems a friendly and helpful place to be, so you'll be fine. :thumbs:

Paul