Hello from Germany

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jonathanschwetmann

Post by jonathanschwetmann »

Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan. I´m studying political science in Lüneburg.
It is a new hobby of mine to record the reading of poems and short stories for a YouTube-channel. So if you would like a demo of my voice, you will find them here -> ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3vetvkudCZbbwplw0FuiQ/videos ).
I would like to try myself out in recording of audiobooks and use LibriVox to hold myself accountable with that, for I sometimes even procrastinate my hobbys, if it´s not going well with my study :lol:

Well then. Have a nice day.
I´m looking forward to work on a side project soon. :wink:
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

jonathanschwetmann wrote: February 11th, 2022, 10:48 pm Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan. I´m studying political science in Lüneburg.
It is a new hobby of mine to record the reading of poems and short stories for a YouTube-channel. So if you would like a demo of my voice, you will find them here -> ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3vetvkudCZbbwplw0FuiQ/videos ).
I would like to try myself out in recording of audiobooks and use LibriVox to hold myself accountable with that, for I sometimes even procrastinate my hobbys, if it´s not going well with my study :lol:

Well then. Have a nice day.
I´m looking forward to work on a side project soon. :wink:
Welcome to LibriVox, Jonathan! I think you’ll find everyone here very understanding that we are all volunteers and “real” life comes first, so it’s fine if your studies will have to take priority sometimes. I look forward to hearing some recordings from you soon!

P.S. - As I see you have already passed your one-minute test (congrats!) I personally found the weekly poem under the “Readers Wanted: Short Works” forum to be an easy way to ease into this LibriVox recording thing.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Jonathan and welcome to Librivox

Did you know there is a Beginners LibriVox Zoom Session MONDAY, MARCH 7, 11 AM AND 11 PM CENTRAL TIME ??
Yep! It is totally optional of course, just something we thought some of you might find fun to do. Drop in, say hi to either or both sessions if even for a minute.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632

Our 'topic' (ha) will be STUFF I WANT TO RECORD or ask anything you want about proof listening or whatever, we love all questions! Don't promise great answers but we will try.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
jonathanschwetmann

Post by jonathanschwetmann »

wib66 wrote: February 20th, 2022, 1:58 pm Hi Jonathan and welcome to Librivox

Did you know there is a Beginners LibriVox Zoom Session MONDAY, MARCH 7, 11 AM AND 11 PM CENTRAL TIME ??
Yep! It is totally optional of course, just something we thought some of you might find fun to do. Drop in, say hi to either or both sessions if even for a minute.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632

Our 'topic' (ha) will be STUFF I WANT TO RECORD or ask anything you want about proof listening or whatever, we love all questions! Don't promise great answers but we will try.
Hey wib66,

Thank you so much for your message.
Unfortunately I wasn´t on LibriVox for the last months. :? To prevent myself from missing anything again I now put several notification-options on "e-mail".

If there will be a zoom-session again, feel free to tell me and I will do the best I can to join you on that one.

All the Best
- Jonathan
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Jonathan
I hope all is ok with you. The next meeting is on June 6th at 11am and 11pm central time. The link to the meeting will be on the following thread nearer the time

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=83012&p=2051030#p2051030

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=83011

For me in the UK these times are 5pm and 5am not sure what they will be for you in Germany. Let me know if you need any help with anything.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi