Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Akarsh

Post by Akarsh »

Hi! I'm Akarsh and belong to India...had nice experience with Librivox audiobooks and now I'm here to volunteer for the same...glad to be part of the Librivox project :)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox Akarsh ! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Welcome. It's wonderful having new volunteers join us. Thank you!
Akarsh

Post by Akarsh »

Greetings!

kindly show the catalog of pending works which require a volunteer for recording purpose. my other query is whether we can select any book (from the Gutenberg website) as per our wish?
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Akarsh wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:28 am Greetings!
Welcome, Akarsh! 🖐
My other query is whether we can select any book (from the Gutenberg website) as per our wish?
Substantially yes, as far as I know. But being myself a little experienced in these matters, I hope some admin here will answer to you too. 🐟
Enjoy yourself! 🍯
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Akarsh wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:28 am Greetings!

kindly show the catalog of pending works which require a volunteer for recording purpose. my other query is whether we can select any book (from the Gutenberg website) as per our wish?
Hi Akarsh,

All books in the various Readers Wanted forums are in need of readers. But please wait until you get the final OK on your 1-minute test to start recording.

As to your second question, the answer is yes for the most part, but there are some books on Project Gutenberg (PG) that are covered by copyright. On the main PG page for a book, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you will find the copyright status. As long as it says Public Domain in the United States then it is OK for LibriVox. Since it appears from your introduction that you live outside the U.S., you can also see the date of death of the author in that same area to determine if a book is also Public Domain for you.
Jo