Hello مرحبا

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mira1996

Post by Mira1996 »

Hello مرحبا
I am Amira from North Africa, I speak both English and Arabic.
I can't wait to be part of this wonderful family.

I am still confused on how to start recording like everyone else.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Amira and welcome to the forum :) I'm especially thrilled to have a new Arabic speaker among our group. 8-)

The forum information may look overwhelming at the beginning, but you will find your way around soon enough.

What we highly recommend before you start recording, is to complete a one-minute-test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard.
You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed. You can see how others posted their test in this subforum.

Once the test is given the OK, you can participate in any project you like. There are different subforums you can explore and they all have READERS WANTED in the name:
1. short works, often poetry or short stories.
2. books, often novels or longer non-fiction studies
3. dramatic readings or stage plays
4. non-English projects.

In fact there are two projects right now, where you can participate with your Arabic language skills.
1. كليلة ودمنة: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=79535
2. the Multilingual collection: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=90152, where you can choose any short story or poem or essay that you like. You only have to make sure your text source is in the public domain, so before you record, I would advise to write a note in that thread with the link to your text, so we can help you in making sure it's safe to record.

Good luck with your test and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Sonia
Mira1996

Post by Mira1996 »

awww <3 thanks a lot <3 I can't wait to start recording and I am happy to know there s some projects in Arabic as well <3
TreeHugger

Post by TreeHugger »

Have you recorded any Arabic books yet, Mira1996?