Hello from Los Angeles!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
leof

Post by leof »

Hello There LibriVoxians!

I stumbled upon this group when I listened to Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse and read by Adrian Praetzellis. I have been a Voice Over Artist for over 20 years but only in the last year did I build a home studio. Although I have experience in recording video games, commercials, internal VO's and feature film ADR, I am new to audiobooks and thought I could give reading here a try!

I also speak Brazilian Portuguese and have done VO work in that language as well.

I use Reaper as my DAW and main audio editing program and absolutely love it! Any Reaper readers out here?

I recorded the 1-Minute test but am having difficulty passing the Checker app test for volume. I guess when it comes to mastering I am still learning.

I look forward to contributing to this forum.

Have a STELLAR day!

Leo Fialho
:D
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Greetings. I’m also from California and a Reaper peeper.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
leof

Post by leof »

sjmarky wrote: November 27th, 2021, 10:07 pm Greetings. I’m also from California and a Reaper peeper.
Right on! Do tell: what FX, if any, do you apply to your recordings for LibriVox?
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I have a standard mastering stack designed for me by an audio engineer down your way: high pass, EQ, compression/gate, limiter. Then normalize to -21db RMS. Nothing fancy, actually. Designed to meet ACX specs.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
leof

Post by leof »

sjmarky wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:49 pm I have a standard mastering stack designed for me by an audio engineer down your way: high pass, EQ, compression/gate, limiter. Then normalize to -21db RMS. Nothing fancy, actually. Designed to meet ACX specs.
Thanks Mark! Much appreciated.