[LAUNCHED] Wind in the Willows read by Sarbaga Falk, recorded by Cynthia Crossen

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Hi Tricia,

Here's my test file in Mono, for you to check -- thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/WITW_Chapter_1_Part_1_checkMono_AUD_20210827.mp3

I ended up hitting a dead-end in Reaper on this (there may be a way, I just haven't found it). With my husband's help, I downloaded Audacity, loaded my finished (but still stereo) file created in Reaper, and then made the mono .MP3 using Audacity.

If this file seems okay to you, I'll process all of my chapters and read up on how to start a project.

I read that all of the Librivox community are volunteers, so I assume that you are as well, doing all of this for love. Thank you for being part of this wonderful endeavor! I am happy to now be a part of it.

In gratitude,
Cynthia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, I'm a volunteer as well. :)

This is mono! :clap: Holler if you have questions setting up the new project.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Yay! Thank you, Tricia! Also, especially thank you for a prompt reply, as now I can spend this hot summer day processing my files.
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Dear TriciaG,

I just made a post to launch this project. Would you consider continuing on with me as MC? If your hands are full, I understand. Thanks for all your help up to this point, and wish me luck on completing the project.

Cynthia

P.S. I got a very helpful post (from InTheDesert) which answered my question about how to make my files Mono in Reaper. It was very simple, and it worked (I just didn't know how to find the answer via searching). Once again, the Librivox community comes through.
Alaina

Post by Alaina »

Hi this is really silly but I cant figure out how to post to the forum. I am trying to post the url of my test to recieve feedback. Can you help?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Alaina wrote: ↑October 15th, 2021, 2:50 pm Hi this is really silly but I cant figure out how to post to the forum. I am trying to post the url of my test to recieve feedback. Can you help?
Well, you just posted to the forum, so that's a start. :)

Here's a tutorial video, starting at about the spot where you upload the file and going from there: https://youtu.be/9oTSlFSoEeY?t=136
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Alaina

Post by Alaina »

Thanks so much! Mission accomplished! :clap:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

crcrossen wrote: ↑August 17th, 2021, 9:28 am Sarbaga passed away in February 2020, and it has taken me this long to finally tackle uploading Sarbaga's reading to your site. I am doing this in her honor, and also because I love her reading.
Welcome, Cynthia! 🌺

Happy to see you`ve immortalized the pleasant voice of your friend, though it wasn`t too easy. πŸ‚
Thank you for coming here and for your perseverance! 🌟
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

HandmadePSK wrote: ↑October 27th, 2021, 12:55 pm Happy to see you`ve immortalized the pleasant voice of your friend, though it wasn`t too easy. πŸ‚
Thank you for coming here and for your perseverance! 🌟
It's really an excellent and pleasant recording too, I am currently enjoying it very much.