My introduction, I'm happy to be here.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AnthonyM

Post by AnthonyM » September 26th, 2021, 6:51 am

Hello All,

I'm happy to be here. My name is Anthony and I'm an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic from a little property in rural Ontario, Canada. (Turn off of the paved road, hehe)

I have a background in public speaking and everyone thought I would be a teacher, coming up. I ended up apprenticing with my dad and becoming a mechanic. No regrets, I can fix just about everything you've ever seen on a show like "How it's Made" and I've worked all over my beautiful country.

I got back into public speaking for about 7 years when I turned 30. Because I had decided that eventually I wanted to switch over into education because I naturally end up teaching people as a part of everyday life. I wasn't about to jump ship because I'm finally making good money as a maintenance mechanic. Instead, I did some online schooling and started passively applying for internal positions with my company.

After suffering an injury about a year ago that we're still trying to fix, I decided I need to do something from home that makes me feel like I'm contributing to society.

That lead me here, this place seems perfect for a fella like me!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » September 30th, 2021, 8:30 am

Welcome! I practically live in sight of the 401, but enough out of the city to breathe clean air. :P

Good to have you here!