Dee Wolfe, New to Librivox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dwolfe

Post by dwolfe »

Greetings, Everyone!

New to Librivox and am interested in recording readings. Grateful for the volunteer opportunity to give back in any way I can and in such an affirming way.

I am in the DMV area, near Annapolis, MD, and have a passion for books, reading, imagination. I'm a leadership training executive and love the curious nature of how people, in general, use their particular brand of genius to create wondrous realities. Most of the time, I believe.

Looking forward to getting to know you LibriVoxers (is this a term used?). Happy to be part of the magic you obviously create for so many.

Dee
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Welcome, Dee!

The best place to start is the wiki guide for Listeners and Volunteers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page . This will give you an idea of what you need and the steps to getting started. I recommend poking around the Librivox site for a bit as well as these boards to get a feel for how the whole process works, if you haven't previously been familiar with Librivox or used it as a listener.

You will want to do your 1-minute test to make sure your technical specs are good to go and once that has been okay'd, then a good way to get your feet wet is to do a chapter in a group project, or read a short work or a poem for one of the collections that are always going on in the Readers Wanted: Short Works board.

If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

dwolfe wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 7:51 pm Greetings, Everyone!
Welcome, Dee! 🐶

Your test is still waiting to be edited. 🍍
Thank you for being here & all the best! 🤝
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄