Greetings from Nekicia

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
nekicia

Post by nekicia » September 19th, 2020, 5:25 am

Greetings friends! I am Nekicia Luckett. I must have used Librivox when it was first created. For decades, I have envisioned myself as a Librivox volunteer, and now I have arrived! With enthusiasm and determination, I plan to be an active contributor to the Librivox family. Thank you for having me.
Nekicia D. Luckett

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 20th, 2020, 7:48 am

Welcome Nekicia. Jump on in and keep that enthusiasm. Your welcome email has lots of great information on getting started. May I ask, how you listened to the books? on an MP3 player, or phone, or where? I am curious about how people use the recordings and what trends there are.
"We're off to Scotland," said Tom clandestinely.
Watch these tutorial videos at your own peril: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

nekicia

Post by nekicia » September 20th, 2020, 10:49 am

Thank you for responding to my greeting. It's a pleasure to hear from you, Phil. :D I can't remember how I listened to Librivox recordings, but I know that I thought the idea of someone recording and reading to the public was fascinating (still is). :9: I didn't have a cell phone or any such devices, so I think I probably checked out cassette tapes from the county library. I frequented the library more than I did my own kitchen back then! :lol:
I have been told throughout my life that my voice is pleasing to hear. :clap: And I want to give this gift to the world. :clap: I hope I can record some Baha'i books with Librivox. Question: If I plan to travel out of the country, would I still be able to record as an American in USA? :?:
Peace.
nekicia
Nekicia D. Luckett

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 20th, 2020, 1:22 pm

That brings back memories. I took hundreds of cassette tape books out of our libraries! In many ways it was a simpler time.

You may record for LibriVox anywhere in the world if they have internet. Act ually you can record on a recorder and move it to the computer any time you wish. Welcome again.
"We're off to Scotland," said Tom clandestinely.
Watch these tutorial videos at your own peril: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 » May 18th, 2021, 3:59 am

nekicia wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 10:49 am
I have been told throughout my life that my voice is pleasing to hear. :clap: And I want to give this gift to the world. :clap: I hope I can record some Baha'i books with Librivox. Question: If I plan to travel out of the country, would I still be able to record as an American in USA? :?:
Really nice. You'll note that there are already a few Baha'i works in the catalogue. I did a few as solo Baha'i projects but there were some group projects as well, such as volume I of the Promulgation of Universal Peace.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.