Hello from Ohio

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Hello,

I found Librivox through a search for a performance of “Two Gentleman of Verona”. Being recently retired and therefore having some free time, I think that becoming a part of the team will be very rewarding.

I have done a bit of live announcer work (big baritone announcer voice) but have always had an interest in recording books or other voice work. During Covid times I have been participating in Shakespeare via Zoom with a couple different groups. Perhaps I might be able to help with any recordings of plays.

I already have a studio with sound treatments where I practice music. In addition I have several microphones that should lend themselves nicely to voice work.
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JHedrick wrote: May 8th, 2021, 5:32 am Hello,

I found Librivox through a search for a performance of “Two Gentleman of Verona”. Being recently retired and therefore having some free time, I think that becoming a part of the team will be very rewarding.

I have done a bit of live announcer work (big baritone announcer voice) but have always had an interest in recording books or other voice work. During Covid times I have been participating in Shakespeare via Zoom with a couple different groups. Perhaps I might be able to help with any recordings of plays.

I already have a studio with sound treatments where I practice music. In addition I have several microphones that should lend themselves nicely to voice work.
Welcome to Librivox!
It is always an advantage to have a recording space and equipment. I lot of us struggled with that in the beginning. This is a great activity for many people in retirement and I'm sure you'll find many projects of interest. We have quite a selection of plays and dramatic readings in production with new ones coming along regularly. There is also a project for recording Shakespearian monologues that might interest you.

To get oriented to our system, you might want to glance through our Newbie Guide to Recording and then submit your test recording. Once that is done, jump right on in. I know you'll enjoy the experience.

All the best,
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

JHedrick wrote: May 8th, 2021, 5:32 am Hello,
Welcome, Jim! 🐨

I`m happy to collaborate with you and listen to you.🤝
Thanx for coming; all the best! 🎂
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄