Greetings and salutations

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Vcgaines

Post by Vcgaines »

Hello everyone! I'm not sure what to say as I'll talk about myself too much but here it goes. My name is Crystal and I live in the midwest Missouri specifically or as I like to call it Misery. I just got accepted on the site and I am a bit excited. A stumbled across this website accidentally while looking for a book. But I have a lot to reading to do for what my acceptance email had indicated. Hopefully I'll be able to volunteer to read often. I live out in the country so it's pretty hard to volunteer for my community being unable to drive so I'm very excited and hopefully I will do a good enough job when I start getting into the volunteer process. I'm always open to any kind of suggestions especially once I get started I am very open for any kind of recommendations or suggestions for improvement. It was nice to meet everyone and hopefully I'll be able to reading sooner than I think. I hope everyone's day was wonderful.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Crystal, and welcome to Librivox!

It's great to have you here. You'll find this is a friendly community.

As you see, there's a lot going on all the time so I'd say browse around the forums to see what kinds of projects there are, and how things work.

When you are ready, submit a one-minute recording test to see that you get the technical specifications right. After that's OK you'll be good to go and start recording. A recommendation is to start small by claiming a section in a collaborative work. Then, you can move on to recording solo works. The sky's the limit! :D

As I've said, this is a friendly place. If you have any questions, just ask in the forums and other members will respond.

I'm a proof -listener and fairly new in the community.

Just one warning: Librivox is awfully addictive! :D I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here.

Happy recording!
dulcamara
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Paige

Post by Paige »

Hi Crystal,
I'm Tina from the UK, I am very new to the voice over community, having been a nurse for 20 years.
I have just found this side from a youtube channel called voiceoverangela which is really great.
have a great day :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Crystal and welcome to Librivox. This is an amazing place to be. If you need any help just ask. Have fun finding books you would like to read.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi