Hello from Berlin

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
speakhub

Post by speakhub » June 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am

Hey everyone!

I am Ashish. Originally from India, I've been living in Germany for 8 years now. Happy to be connected with all of you.
I came across Librivox late last year and started to listen to audiobooks with my son (3 years old).
I wanted to play Librivox content on a screen free device (like Google Home) and found that there was nothing available for such devices. So earlier this year, I build a native voice app for Google Assistant.
Its completely free to use and I already have some users using the app. Details and my recommendation list are at https://audiobookreader.app/start
Happy for your feedback.

Cheers!

Kazbek

Post by Kazbek » June 25th, 2020, 5:19 am

Hi, Ashish. Just saw your comment at the Help, Discussion, & Suggestions forum. That looks like an impressive piece of engineering. It might be especially helpful for visually impaired listeners. :clap:

Michael

speakhub

Post by speakhub » June 30th, 2020, 7:40 am

Thanks for your support Michael!
Yes, a full fledged voice enabled service is useful for visually impaired people. To be honest, when I first started to built applications for voice assistants, my goal was to help young kids (and parents of young kids) so that they can do more things without fumbling around with screens and for kids to avoid screen time. Since releasing the app, I have had a lot of feedback about it being really useful for visually impaired people and I am really glad that it can help such a community.
I am happy to listen to suggestions about services or usecases that could be built as completely voice based which could further help such a community, so please let me know your feedback and suggestions.

Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames » June 30th, 2020, 1:31 pm

brilliant tool Ashish, a really good addition to the user experience of the site, well done!

speakhub

Post by speakhub » July 1st, 2020, 8:56 am

Thank you for the kind words Andrewjames :)