Hello World!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DoverCromwell

Post by DoverCromwell »

Hello, my name is Izaak Magdich, I'm a college student studying Software Engineering in the hopes of working in game design. However, I am a big fan of voice acting and have always had a lot of fun building a story through words as a DM for Dungeons and Dragons. One of my friends, who is pursuing a career in voice acting, mentioned that I should check out this site and maybe even do a little voice acting myself. As you can probably guess I'm really into the fantasy genre but I'm open to all others as well. I look forward to being a part of this community
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello Izaak and welcome to LibriVox :)
We have some voice actors/pro narrators here, so you should be able to find some tips in that regard. It's probably a good place to start, since the constructive feedback (CC) is given in a friendly way so you'll be able to build your confidence.
Anyway, the first thing to do is go over your welcome email and click on the links there. The one you should pay attention to first is 1-minute test instruction as we expect new volunteers to submit this soundcheck before recording anything. Once you've recorded and posted it in the Listeners Wanted forum, wait for feedback. Once it's been OKed, you're free to contribute to any group project that catches your fancy. Just read the first post in a given thread, see what's available to claim and post your claim.

Have fun :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Good to see another gamer here. Voice skills really can help bring a game alive. Look forward to hearing your work!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!