Hello Folks! From Buffalo area NY

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lord1Mauler

Post by Lord1Mauler »

I'm Michael Hoerbelt, and I'm here to help volunteer on the crusade to read books aloud! My interests currently lie in poetry, short stories, children's books, and "fun" to read dialogues. I hope to take my aspirations to new levels and learn from what everyone has to say about my voice-whether it be good or bad-in constructive criticisms. But seriously, if you need'th give me advice, please do! I don't write because I get writers block before I start anything... it's just not my forte. Now to download my 1 minute test.... somewhere...
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Michael, welcome to our forum :)

you love poetry, short stories, children's stories...you'll be spoiled for choice here in the "Short Works" subforum. :wink:

And yes, a good way to start is with the one-minute test, so we can check you technical set-up (MONO, 128 kbps bitrate, 44,100 Hz, things like that). You can post the test here: viewforum.php?f=21
Just open a new thread under your name, and post the uploaded link. Someone will give you feedback and advice if needed.

I hope you have fun on the forum !

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, from across the lake!

FYI, one of our policies here is no unsolicited criticism, so you won't get feedback on your voice and reading style unless you directly ask for it.

I think the most effective way to ask for it is when you upload chapters. In group projects, in the post where you copy/paste the file's uploader link, you can write something like, "feedback on reading and vocal style is appreciated!"

The 2nd way to do it - less effective because it can be overlooked - is to write something in your forum signature. It'll show up on the bottom of every post you make. Here's a direct link to edit your forum signature: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature

Hope this is helpful! :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine