What am I allowed to record?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
3200runner

Post by 3200runner »

So I noticed that there is a collaborative version of Les Misérables but not a solo version. Would it be possible for me to do that? I'm new and not sure what I need to do to suggest, record, and submit a book.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just for starters
Les Mis is about 68 hours of finished recording. As the absolute minimum that probably means over 200 hours of work for you so it is certainly not a good first recording. So yes we can have duplicate versions but it's a bit like jumping straight from being a couch potato to running a marathon .

You'd have a welcome email which sets out the suggested pathway for newbies - if you've lost it try https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I realise I didn't answer your question - sorry.
You don't have to join knowing what you want to read, many people enjoy picking up a chapter or 2 from the readers wanted, it often introduces you to new authors and it's done and you can go onto something else.
However, when you want to start a Solo read, you need to go to the Launchpad read the sticky about going Solo. It asks you to fill in a template filling in as much as you can so you need to have text links number of sections you will need etc.

hope this helps

Anne