Hello from Heather

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
htrm

Post by htrm »

Hello everyone.

I joined a few days ago, but delayed this post as I have been working extra long shifts at work. I live near Orlando, FL (noticed some recent posts from others in FL). I'm not an auditory learner, so always much preferred reading books myself, but time (the patience to sit still without feeling guilty) is an issue. I started using Readercoin to achieve my goal of reading more, noticed that it's missing many books I'd like to read, and noticed that everything I listened to on there had the LibriVox announcement (repeatedly). I've preferred older writing styles since elementary school, so public domain works are perfect for me. I studied economics in undergrad and grad school, and sociology and demography in grad school, so will be happy to read selections others might be less interested in reading. I will be doing the one minute test in a few days, when it's not the middle of the night (can't be good for the voice recording), to see if my laptop's own microphone is good enough.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Heather! Welcome to Librivox! It's nice to have you here, at the source of public domain audiobooks! :)