My American Poetry class creative project finally got me here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CGilliganBerryman

Post by CGilliganBerryman »

Hello Everyone!

First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you who have helped put recordings out there. I have been attending the American Military University, online, part-time for several years now. I have one more class after my current American Poetry course until I graduate with a Bachelors. During my college career, I can't begin to guess the number of times Librivox has helped me complete an assignment when my own eyes were just too heavy to do the reading myself. Thank you all!

For some time, I have been thinking of getting involved with Librivox as a volunteer. So, you can imagine my delight when my American Poetry Professor posted the link to the forums and registration then gave us the option of recording a poem to satisfy our creative project assignment.

I would like to read the "Najavo Healing Prayer" that comes from Matthew Washington's collection Navaho Myths, Prayers and Songs (1906).

This morning, I got my Audacity loaded; it seems to be in excellent working order. I am excited to see if I can get the poem recorded and submitted for my assignment. Then, I plan to explore other components of this organization and determine my next project!

I am truly excited to finally be here.

Thanks for letting me be part of this stellar organization.

CGilliganBerryman
xrayz14

Post by xrayz14 »

I hope you'll did well with the poetry assignment and get your BA. I'm a newbie, too. Good luck.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

Depending on how long the poem is, you may still want to do a quick "1-minute test" to be sure your settings are all correct.

The place for your submission would be the Short Poetry Collection. July's edition is here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70832 Read the instructions in the first post carefully, and ask if you have any questions.

Have fun!

--- And welcome to you, too, xrayz14! :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
CGilliganBerryman

Post by CGilliganBerryman »

Thank you so much for the direction!