Hello Everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

My name is Susan Ferman and I am a new volunteer. I am currently a part-time radio announcer, starting to get into voice-over work. I actually used to do some acting, but that was many years ago. I read about Librivox a long time ago, just hadn't had time to volunteer.

I actually learned to read at 3, because my grandfather was blind and read to him on an almost daily basis until his death (including subjecting the poor man to all 52 of the Nancy Drew books that were written at the time--lol). So volunteering for Librivox seems like a natural fit. That and my kids grew out of being read to about 10 years ago...
Susan Ferman
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

SusanFerman wrote: June 17th, 2018, 8:04 pm My name is Susan Ferman and I am a new volunteer. I am currently a part-time radio announcer, starting to get into voice-over work. I actually used to do some acting, but that was many years ago. I read about Librivox a long time ago, just hadn't had time to volunteer.

I actually learned to read at 3, because my grandfather was blind and read to him on an almost daily basis until his death (including subjecting the poor man to all 52 of the Nancy Drew books that were written at the time--lol). So volunteering for Librivox seems like a natural fit. That and my kids grew out of being read to about 10 years ago...
What a nice grandfather story. Librivox does seem like a natural fit for you. Have you checked out Phil Chenevert's very helpful videos in this forum? And posted your 1 minute test?

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Best,

Barbara
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Hi Susan,

I'm new too! Just posted my intro. I'm looking forward to this experience!

Robin
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Nice to meet everyone!

@ Barbara,
Yes, I have. But I have run into a weird problem posting it and i am hoping someone will get back me with some technical assistance. It can't be that hard, so I must have some setting wrong.

S
Susan Ferman
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

SusanFerman wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 1:52 pm
... I have run into a weird problem posting it and i am hoping someone will get back me with some technical assistance. It can't be that hard, so I must have some setting wrong.

S
Hi Susan,

I wonder if the file name is the problem. The file will need to have all lower case letters as in:

test_susanferman.mp3

And report back if that doesn't solve your problem.

Best,

Barbara
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Hi, Barbara,
Someone helped me fix it. Thank you, though!
Susan Ferman
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

SusanFerman wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 9:04 pm Hi, Barbara,
Someone helped me fix it. Thank you, though!
:thumbs:

Barbara