Newbie introduction Janos Varga

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
janos4545

Post by janos4545 »

Hi
I'm Janos from Montreal, varied background which is probably audible in my accent.
I am on this new path to what I hope will become a new career, quite by accident. Did a recording as a favour for a friend and the studio convinced me that I should be doing voiceover work. Got the gear and am fairly computer literate and have been diving into GarageBand and Audacity for a couple of days.

I used to read bedtime stories to my kids and I have the fondest memory of a time in the UK when we had rolling power-cuts, and my wife and I would read a book to each other by candlelight. I still remember the book - How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn. Incredible story. Such a wonderful thing to be sitting comfortably and being read to! So in my cabin, I often hop out of bed in winter, light the fire and put on an audiobook, and lie in bed listening all snug and it is such a treat. So I think recording books will give happiness to people - and perhaps make me some money eventually too :)

I've just uploaded my one minute sample. I've uploaded both to an MC and then to tests-tests - should have read instructions first :(
Sending greetings to all and am looking forward to working with you
Janos Varga
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Janos. I love being read to as well! My husband used to do that on long drives, and even short drives, and read me to sleep every night too. Alas he'd get sleepy pretty soon himself and konk off. Now that's been taken over by podcasts and audiobooks, and I can listen all night long if I want. And while I cook. And sweep. And drive. And paint the house. What an age for a literature lover to be living in. And we have so many good readers, LV is an endless well of joy.

I believe you are going to love it here. And we are going to love having you. Just take your time to poke around the forums and get aclimatized to the LV system, then pick something to read (recommend short pieces at first), or volunteer to proof listen, and you'll be on your way.
Image Welcome aboard!