Hello from Connecticut

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TracyB

Post by TracyB »

My name is Tracy and I am ready to participate in the Librivox community as a reader.

I am a middle school teacher in Connecticut, USA. I have a degree in theater, but only use my skills in the classroom. Having recently received a number of compliments about my speaking voice based on an educational video I recently narrated and created, I've decided to explore possibilities to use this talent. Librivox is an awesome opportunity to do this while providing an exceptional service. In addition, my husband runs a professional-grade audio studio in our home, thus providing an ideal situation for recording.

My accent is standard New England English garnished with a taste of Rhode Island.

I have prepared and posted the "1-minute test" and look forward to discovering an exciting project while exploring in this forum. I am eager to embark on this endeavor by participating in the Librivox experience.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome to Librivox, which is indeed an awesome opportunity to explore, evolve and use your talent!

Have fun here!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Tracy. Looks like you have a wonderful set up to start with, and lots of experience, plus 3 heaping scoops of motivation. Bravo. Welcome and I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Welcome, fellow New Englander! Well, I'm a transplant from Oregon, so my accent doesn't quite fit Went to grad school in New Haven, the lived around the world before ending up back in NE.

I hope you enjoy LibriVox as much as I have!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry