Greetings from Berlin

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ferdi0ne

Post by ferdi0ne »

Thank you for access for this nice Community!

Well, i'm Ferdi from Berlin.
I Speak and read 3 Languages;
Turkish, German and English.
Native language is Turkish/German, well i'm Turkish ;)

I'll planing to add some Voice Records/ebooks, got some nice books and i love Reading especially listening aswell at the librivox app/Android.

I will enjoy my stay and thanks again to Admin.
Best Regards.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Great to have you here, Ferdi -- language skills are always appreciated! English books are great of course, but we REALLY need many more in other languages too. Please do just ask if you have any questions. :D

Sometimes it can be tricky to find good books that are in the public domain in the US (published before 1923) and in Germany (died before 1948.) We Europe-based readers need to match both parts to stay legal. :roll: We're all happy to help as best we can, though. Have fun here!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
ferdi0ne

Post by ferdi0ne »

Thanks cori!
i'm glad to be here :)
Of course it would be very nice to Support or add multiple languages to expand the Popularity.
I will also help librivox to make or create it more interesting especially for an Multilingual experiences.
Greetings, Ferdi.
msfry

Post by msfry »

ferdi0ne wrote: March 18th, 2018, 1:07 pm Thanks cori!
Of course it would be very nice to Support or add multiple languages to expand the Popularity.
I will also help librivox to make or create it more interesting especially for an Multilingual experiences.
Greetings, Ferdi.
Welcome, Ferdi. You could be useful to all us readers when we run across a German or other foreign quote in the books we are recording, and haven't the foggiest idea how to pronounce them (sometimes don't even recognize the language they are in). In that case, we may ask for assistance in the Pronunciation Help forum and cross fingers a native speaker will see it, record and upload the script for us to emulate, and even proof listen it afterwards to help us perfect our delivery. It's a great service that I have used often!

Pronunciation Help Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285
erinbrooke

Post by erinbrooke »

Hello! Welcome!
ferdi0ne

Post by ferdi0ne »

msfry wrote: March 19th, 2018, 9:12 am
ferdi0ne wrote: March 18th, 2018, 1:07 pm Thanks cori!
Greetings, Ferdi.
Welcome, Ferdi. You could be useful to all us readers when we run across a German or other foreign quote in the books we are recording, and haven't the foggiest idea how to pronounce them (sometimes don't even recognize the language they are in). In that case, we may ask for assistance in the Pronunciation Help forum and cross fingers a native speaker will see it, record and upload the script for us to emulate, and even proof listen it afterwards to help us perfect our delivery. It's a great service that I have used often!

Pronunciation Help Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285
Sure, that Sounds good, i'll help out when requires help or Support.
I think it's a good Deal for everyone, for a better understanding because you're right, some things are different translated than the native language.
That means, some Parts in words or sentences are set other way around instead in other languages. Additional to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings, however, nobody is perfect.
I believe it's always better to put more Support, the more, the better the result before Release.
ferdi0ne

Post by ferdi0ne »

erinbrooke wrote: March 19th, 2018, 10:59 pm Hello! Welcome!
Thanks ;)