LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 3:30 am

Post Posted:: November 10th, 2017, 5:13 pm 

Hello everyone :wink:

My name is Cony Marquez and I am a 42 years old Mexican Historian with a PhD in Latin American History by the University of Arizona. I discovered this web site through Amazon Digital Books which I enjoy very much. I bought the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and they offered a free audio and then I came to know and enjoy LibriVox.

I am very happy of such wonderful resource and will like to offer my expertise as a reader both on Spanish, my native language, and English my academic language.

It is a great project and it will be an honor to reach culture and fight ignorance with the reading voice recording of the best books.

Glad to join this comunity! :)

Post Posted:: November 11th, 2017, 10:52 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Oooh, welcome here, Cony. Language skills always very welcome here. Not that it's bad to read in English, that's a good contribution to make, but there are so many books beyond it too! And not nearly enough volunteers to take them on.

Please do just ask if you have any questions. I'd recommend starting with the 1-min test, to be sure that your setup and volume are all configured to make life easy for everyone. :D

Post Posted:: November 12th, 2017, 7:37 pm 

Thank you for the welcome Cori! :D

I will definitely take your advice on the video and will start right a way with the first project, Auguste Comte's and then will see if I can start with one in Spanish.

I am excited to give something back, I love culture and all that represents human improvement get my attention!
Kind regards from Mexico,
Cony