[COMPLETE] Book of Household Management by Mrs. Beeton - sj

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smijen

Post by smijen »

Got it - thanks Anna!
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
worldsloat

Post by worldsloat »

Hi!

Can I please have section 20?
smijen

Post by smijen »

Welcome, worldsloat! You are signed up. It looks like you've recorded for LV before, so just let me know if you have any questions. Remember the Newbie Guide to Recording is always available if you still need it.

You're also the first to sign up for a recipe chapter! The top post has some notes about reading the costs. Do let me know if there are any other odd/awkward reading issues with the recipes. :)
micahmouse

Post by micahmouse »

May I read sections 99-102 - the ones about children?

Thank you!

~Micah
smijen

Post by smijen »

Welcome, micah! Looks like you're in the same boat as worldsloat (see above)... got a couple of things under your belt, so you're in the catalog and you know your set-up's OK, but still sort-of new... so please give a holler if you have any problems, but otherwise, go ahead and jump right in! I hope you enjoy this mammoth chapter. :P

I've signed myself up for one of the servant chapters (before they're all gone!) and a couple of recipe sections.
Happy Friday, everyone!
kayray

Post by kayray »

I learned *far* more about an animal's digestive processes that I was expecting, lol! And now I'm hungry for soup but it's much too hot to cook.

http://kayray.org/audiobooks/librivox/misc/bookofhouseholdmanagement_007_beeton.mp3

23:46, 21.8MB
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
smijen

Post by smijen »

Thanks, Kara! :D
I only listened to a couple of minutes, but your enthusiasm for soup is palpable. :lol: Great reading! And don't worry - I don't think the housemaids section is quite so graphic.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Section 104 is ready and available here:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200708/bookofhouseholdmanagement_104_beeton.mp3

Quite a long stretch: 52:14, approx 50 MB....

At least now I know what to do when my friends get poisoned by arsenic or prussic acid :)
smijen

Post by smijen »

Oh dear - I thought I had divided them up a little more sensibly. This one was 7700 words, but your next section is 5000, so I hope it goes a little faster for you.

Your reading is lovely and I'm glad you're getting so much, ahem, useful information. :lol:
lezer

Post by lezer »

Oh, thank you!

The length was not a problem for me - but if you would prefer shorter pieces you could divide it in about 26 min before the start of the poisons and about 25 min containing all the poison remedies.

By the way, could I also have a shot at section 067, part 1 of Chapter 29? All those recipes using apples sound very tempting.
smijen

Post by smijen »

67 is yours - thanks! I'll ask Lucy (our MC) if we need to split up that section.
sariasister

Post by sariasister »

Could I please have section 094?
siamesemeg

Post by siamesemeg »

Hi,

May I have section 072? I may be able to do more, but I'll start with one.

Thanks!

Meg
“She had...the glimmerings of a sense of humour - which is simply another name for a sense of the fitness of things.”
― L.M. Montgomery
smijen

Post by smijen »

siamesemeg - Welcome to Mrs.Beeton! I've signed you up.

sariasister - Welcome to LibriVox!
1. Please let me know the name you would like listed in the catalog (can be handle, real name, first name... whatever you prefer) as well as any personal URL/blog/podcast that you would like us to link to.
2. Be sure to check out the Newbie Guide to Recording.
3. You're also welcome to send in a 1-minute sample before embarking on the whole chapter. This is optional, and it's NOT an audition! Sometimes it's just helpful to check your set-up before you spend too much time recording.
4. Post here or PM me with any questions - and have fun!
sariasister

Post by sariasister »

Thanks. I would like to be known as just Scarlett!, with an exclamation point, if that's ok. I probably won't send a sample, if only because I've done recording stuff on my computer before. But I'm really excited about this, because I love these kind of books (old fashioned household guides.)