[COMPLETE] Book of Household Management by Mrs. Beeton - sj

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Tracy Datlen

Post by Tracy Datlen »

Hi Sarah

I've uploaded section 20: Recipes Chapter 10 part 1.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/bookofhouseholdmanagement_020_beeton.mp3

I'll get started on my next section tomorrow. I should have that ready by the weekend.

Tracy
alana

Post by alana »

This has probably been discussed here before, but if not, did you know that Mrs. Beeton was the subject of a Masterpiece Theatre movie?

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Masterpiece_Theatre_The_Secret_Life_of_Mrs._Beeton/70069705?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=1111048761_0_0

Alana
wyndelyn

Post by wyndelyn »

I do belive that all the previous recording issues have been addressed and my other chapters will be done completly finished and uploaded by morning, leaving me plenty of time to work on this project. I'm really excited to get to it! :)

-w
Well, you know, what had happened was; there were these monkeys, right? With SPOONS!
smijen

Post by smijen »

Thanks, everyone.
Tracy - I haven't had a chance to PL the whole thing, but the intro is missing a piece... needs to say "Section 20 of the Book of Household Management" at the very beginning. Would you be able to add that in and re-upload? Thanks!
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
Tracy Datlen

Post by Tracy Datlen »

Hi Sarah
I've made that correction to my file, re-exported as an MP3 and re-uploaded the file.

The page says that the file upload was complete but the message that should give the url never showed up.

I'm not sure if it went through okay or not.

Please advise.

Tracy
vickys

Post by vickys »

Hi there, hope this works- vicky

File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/068_Recipes_Chapter 29_Part_2.mp3
smijen

Post by smijen »

Tracy - could you try it one more time? I'm not sure what happened either. The old file has been renamed, but the new one isn't there. :?
Vicky - thanks for reuploading. The file is there now, but I will rename it to the standard bookofhouseholdmanagment_068_beeton.mp3 (naming standards are always in the top post of any project thread, so you can just check there when you're submitting something).
Tracy Datlen

Post by Tracy Datlen »

Hi Sarah

I've re-uploaded the file again and again I did not get a URL.
I re-uploaded today and had the same issue as yesterday with the file saying it uploaded but the URL never showed up.

As far as file names goes: I'm on a Mac and when I go to export the MP3 file, the program will not let me use a file name longer than 27 characters. As I type in the long name, the SAVE button becomes unavailable at 27 characters.

The thread bookofhouseholdmanagement_020_beeton.mp3 is 36 characters without the file extension.

As a workaround, I exported as an MP3 file with a shorter name. Then I renamed the file as the above thread. For fun, I opened it in Audacity and found that the file had been automatically renamed bookofhouseholdmanag#2B74.

I did not have a problem saving the Eveningstar poem since the name was so short. Does anyone else have a problem with long file names?

Tracy
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Tracy - I'm helping out a bit and I cannot find your file anywhere. I am not a Mac user so am not sure about name lengths though it is possible
Could you try again - maybe save it as Beeton_020.mp3 then rename it , check that the name is exactly right , and try the uploader again . I sometimes have to wait a long time for the upload to finish but it always has worked for me .
The only thing I could think was that it fact somehow the file was not an MP3 - there is a limit on the size that will upload so if in some way you had exported it in a different format it may have been too big . If you have trouble again just check your file size - your first file was 38M
Got my fingers and toes crossed
Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

vickys wrote:Hi there, hope this works- vicky

File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/068_Recipes_Chapter 29_Part_2.mp3
PL OK :thumbs: file will just need to be renamed before you can use the listen link

Anne
Tracy Datlen

Post by Tracy Datlen »

Thank you Annise

The shorter file name seemed to work.

My URL is
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/beeton_020.mp3

What should I do about section 069? Can I use the shorter name for that section as well? (ie beeton_069.mp3)

If it's a hassle, let me know and I can look for projects with shorter names.

Keep me posted.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just do the same - and someone will fix it this end

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Tracy Datlen wrote:Hi Sarah

I've uploaded section 20: Recipes Chapter 10 part 1.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/bookofhouseholdmanagement_020_beeton.mp3

I'll get started on my next section tomorrow. I should have that ready by the weekend.

Tracy
Hi Tracy
I've got your file - there was a bit of background noise so I noisecleaned it lightly , renamed it and uploaded it - you can listen via the Listen link in the MW , your other file is still there if you don't like it - just let us know

Try juggling your microphone a little so you aren't blowing into it on "P" - - this file is fine but just for future recording
PL OK :thumbs:

Anne
smijen

Post by smijen »

Thanks so much for your help, Anne!
I've renamed 68, so the listen link should go to the right place now.
I've also orphaned sections 29 and 76.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I'd be happy to pick up sections 29 and 76.