COMPLETE: Present at a Hanging - Ambrose Bierce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Peter, your voice is especially well suited for his stories too... you have a slight spooky, haunting sound to your voice that really lends well to the effect =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Watch out for a possibly spooky Richard II, then!

.. but I will have to watch for more dead-pan ghost stories; they're fun.

This site's having a bad effect on me: I was watching someone eat some tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce and started husking "... she stepped back, with a gasp ... under the door, faintly visible in the dim light, pallid worm-like shapes writhed slowly in a sticky pool of .... was it blood? " I had to stop myself going on.

Peter
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Peter Why wrote: .. but I will have to watch for more dead-pan ghost stories; they're fun.
*runs to make a list for you*

Wow... there are lots of them in Project Gutenberg... too many to make a list... just search for the word "ghost" as a title and you'll get plenty of suggestions =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I've picked up a collection by MR James, which looks unpleasant .. in an enjoyable way!
Peter
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Peter Why wrote:I will have to watch for more dead-pan ghost stories; they're fun.
Let me mention how wonderful this recording is, Peter! Just wonderful stuff - spooky in a matter-of-fact sort of way; you really struck an excellent balance with this stuff!

My only complaing - it's too soft for me to hear while riding the motorcycle! ;) Gotta get a quieter motorcycle... ;)

I look forward to hearing you as Richard II!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm sorry about the quiet; I still don't trust Audacity to boost volume overall without causing distortion. Perhaps I should.

I've enjoyed Richard. No shouting at people, but a lot of mournful introspection. I'm putting a fragment on the thread for criticism. I'm not able to finish editing today as I had hoped, as I'm having trouble with my voice.

Peter
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

No, I didn't mean it that way. The sound is fine. It's the sort of thing which is better done in a quiet tone.

I meant that I needed to be in a quiet space to listen. The recording is great!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Chip, that's reassuring.

I suppose it's hard to imagine a creepy story mixing comfortably with the roar of the tarmac!

Pete