COMPLETE: The Epistle of Paul to the Romans ASV - NF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

I corrected and re-uploaded chs. 11 and 15. As for ch. 13, the second "for" is in my copy of the ASV NT. Again, this looks like another ASV Variant. We're ready to go! Thanks for your speed and accuracy!

Trivial note:

We could catalogue variants as a public service. ;-) When I checked the Greek text of Rom. 13:6 (at www.greekbible.com) I saw "dia touto gar" which is essentially "For for." In the koine Greek, it works, but it sounds redundant in English, which is probably why the newer ASV 1901 publishers removed the second "for." I think the majority of PD ASV on the Web (Guten. and e-sword) are from the newer ASV edition, yet still PD. Modern English Bible translations are well known for removing redundant language, such as "And it came to pass" which are retained in the KJV and other translations. I find it easier to read the newer translations for this reason, but when comparing translations, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Onto cataloguing.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Ezwa, I know it would mean replacing the Galatians audio on the archive, but I would really like to re-record that book as well. I think everyone would benefit from having cleaner audio at a higher quality. Please let me know if you think this is possible.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Aargh! Sam! You're killing me!
:wink:
Let me give it a bit of thought. See how we could do it if you rerecorded the files...
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

This project is now complete. All the files can be downloaded from our catalogue: http://librivox.org/the-epistle-of-paul-the-apostle-to-the-romans-asv-ss/

For Galatians, Sam, let's start a new thread.
I'll delete the previous project from our database as Esther suggested.
Could you copy the info from the top post in this thread (I'll remove it from the forum once you've posted) to start the new one.

Cheers,

PS: files complete on archive.
Ezwa

Boileau