COMPLETE: Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by H. Pyle - CL/kr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glovis wrote:
You are right, so thank you very much kind sir...or ma'am...um kind person.

It's "sir," and Chapter 18 is uploaded now!
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've got 25 minutes of Chapter 16 recorded. I haven't disappeared or anything :-) :D
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Chapter 19 is complete and uploaded!
Glovis

Post by Glovis »

Thanks bookworm, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
And Thanks Kaffen - They sound great.
I still haven't even finished chapter 1 because I had a cold for the last week and a half. Now that that's gone, I'll continue.

I'm hoping to have all the chapters recorded by the end of March.
What does it profit a man to record all the books in the world, yet lose his own soul?
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

Glovis,

I'm in the process of sending you both Chap 16 and 17. I forgot to tell you to put my name: Marian Brown as the recorder for the Librivox catalog. Thanks :D

I think I'll take 7 and 8 if no-one else has.
Joplin

Post by Joplin »

I'll do these chapters;
Chapter XX - Robin Hood and Guy of Gisbourne
Chapter XXI - King Richard Comes to Sherwood Forest
This is my first chapter reading, so I'm open to any advice.
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

Well, Joplin, I've only done a dozen or so myself but once you get comfortable with the format and using your mic, you'll be sailing :D

Test out the way your mic sits so that you cut back on as much extraneous noise as possible. A little above the mouth works nicely.

At first, I was timid to speak up but you need to so that the recording comes out. Are you using Audacity?

You could also try reading through the chapter first to make sure you pronounce all the old English correctly.

Is that too much information? I tend to ramble when asked for advice....terrible genetic trait :wink:
literateknits

Post by literateknits »

I'd like to do chapters 12 and 13 if I could. It would be my first couple of chapters.
~~Erin
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we really are, far more than out abilities"
~~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
www.literateknits.com
Joplin

Post by Joplin »

Thanks for the advice. I finished Chpapter 20 and it went okay. But here's a question; what is the ID3 V2 tag? I'm using Adobe Audition, is that okay?

bookworm633 wrote:Test out the way your mic sits so that you cut back on as much extraneous noise as possible. A little above the mouth works nicely.
At first, I was timid to speak up but you need to so that the recording comes out. Are you using Audacity?
You could also try reading through the chapter first to make sure you pronounce all the old English correctly.
Is that too much information? I tend to ramble when asked for advice....terrible genetic trait :wink:
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

Ah, technology for Windows....is it ok to use...well..... :D . Yeah, it's fine but the problem is, I can't download it at the moment to tell you how to get to the ID3 tags. Let me get back to you, ok?

ID3 is a tagging format for MP3 so you can store data like the author etc.
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

Ok, that was a lot of work, don't you find Windows to be very slow? Oh, I shouldn't try to influence you :wink: :wink:

If you go your View drop down list, and choose Edit Waveform, you will see your recording in wave format (which you probably already knew). Choose the View drop down list again and choose Wave Properties.
In the Text field drop down box, choose MP3(id3tags). Then fill them out according to the requirements listed just below where you see the Chapters to be recorded in Librivox.

Make sense?
Joplin

Post by Joplin »

thanks for the help with the ID3 tag. I think i got it.

Chapter 20 and 21 completed.
Shall I do 7 and 8?
Glovis

Post by Glovis »

thanks. for the id3 help, bookworm. and nice work on chapters 20 and 21, joplin. dramatic, clean, and natural. go ahead and take 7 and 8, too. thanks! Joplin, please read all the earlier posts about songs in chapter 7; I think we concluded that if you wanted to try something musical, you could go for it, or just do sort of a non-melodic rythmic reading.
What does it profit a man to record all the books in the world, yet lose his own soul?
Glovis

Post by Glovis »

and with that, all our chapters have been claimed, which means, I suppose, that we should be moved to the "Readers Found" section. I'd like to get all the files (including my own) recorded before March ends, which shouldn't be too hard. Then I'm going to clean them up and balance the volume between the files. I've already processed the files I've received so...keep 'em coming :D
kayray

Post by kayray »

Wonderful :)

I'll move this thread to "Readers Found!"
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)