Just got home- You are too kind. Id love to see what you do
1)increase or decrease volume of sections
2) How you know decibels of sections of recording
3) How you replace words
I am home all day today until about 5pm Pacific time-think 6 your time
I'll check and see if you invite me to a meeting hourly. Thanks Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

I'm heading out to the store now. I'll send an invite when I get back. Let's shoot for 4 my time.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Great!
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:49 pm Great!
Sorry, Pam, I am just getting home. 1 errand turned to 3. Tomorrow I am free after 3. Tomorrow at 11 we're having a 1st Monday Zoom Chat, which you are welcome to join in on too. In fact, it might be interesting to participants to watch us interact with your file, then someone else can demo how they edit their files. There's a lot for us all to share and learn. Let me know your preference.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

OK. We will cancel today. I am going to slip out of a sports game tomorrow so I can participate in Zoom
My Audacity file is on my laptop computer-and I do zoom on my iPad. Are people suppose to see my computer screen? If so I am not sure how to do that? Let me know Thanks! Pam
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

11:00 your time?
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:57 pm OK. We will cancel today. I am going to slip out of a sports game tomorrow so I can participate in Zoom
My Audacity file is on my laptop computer-and I do zoom on my iPad. Are people suppose to see my computer screen? If so I am not sure how to do that? Let me know Thanks! Pam
I guess you can participate on your iPad, but if you have a camera on your laptop that would also work. I think it would be better to do our tutorial later tomorrow so I can give you my full attention, and you can pick up tips on editing in general during the group session.

Topic: Editing Techniques
Time: Nov 7, 2022 11:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84452418640?pwd=SEhCb1lhWStjejhYSXhYL1VTRHMzQT09
Meeting ID: 844 5241 8640
Passcode: 477722

Info is posted every month in the Announcement Thread, and if you subscribe to the topic you'll receive the notices. To discuss things, go to the Chat Thread
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Later tomorrow is good time for me and just let me know a time that works fir you-I will look at the videos of past zoom meetings from the links you provided-Thanks so much! Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: November 6th, 2022, 5:25 pm Later tomorrow is good time for me and just let me know a time that works fir you-I will look at the videos of past zoom meetings from the links you provided-Thanks so much! Pam
Hope to see you at 11.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

9:00 my time. Can't make it, darn I'll try to watch video when it gets posted as a video-meanwhile I will keep trying to research volume etc-and I'll be free rest of the day- if you get time to zoom me much appreciated Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

I'll demo your file in the session this morning, then get with you this afternoon at 3 or 4, you pick the time.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Great! How about 4 pm your time-Invite me to Zoom-wow what a fantastic help. So appreciate! Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: November 7th, 2022, 11:27 am Great! How about 4 pm your time-Invite me to Zoom-wow what a fantastic help. So appreciate! Pam
OK I will send an invite at 4, give or take a few.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Somehow Zoom stopped? Just when we were getting to the good stuff? Ive tried go into zoom and am in waiting to be let in area by host?
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Michele
Please find below my corrected version of CH4 Loom and spindle 42.35 time
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/loomandspindle_04_robinson-128kb.mp3

I tried a number of techniques that you taught me in the Zoom session:
Checker now has it at 89.00Db. The recording technique to replace words and make changes which adds a track at the end was a much easier and cleaner way to make corrections than the way I was doing it. I also played around with amplifications, tempos bass and treble--I have a long ways to go but it is a start. kThanks so much for your help. Now I need to PL Charwoman. Have a nice day! Pam