COMPLETE: History of the Pelop. War, by Thucydides - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Deborah177

Post by Deborah177 »

hi,

I am hoping to get them finished by the end of the month. as I am moving back to Canada from Europe on June 6th.

Deborah
Plant your own garden, Decorate your own soul!
www.mywritemind.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Deborah - fantastic, thank you!

ianish, VictoriaVipere - if you see this, would you also post dates by which you think you might get your chapters done, please?

I haven't heard back from Dragoness yet whether she'll do chapter 10 or not.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
VictoriaVipere

Post by VictoriaVipere »

I'm done with the recording and I'm about halfway through the editing. I'm trying to edit it down to about an hour and it helps that I can't pronounce anything right. I tried to get most of it. I'll be done probably in a week, although I have a lot of homework (seeing as how it is finals), but I hope to get mine done by the end of the month.
If all the world is a stage, I am still waiting in the wings.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Wonderful, that's great, Victoria. Thanks for letting me know.

cberrius sent chapter 11, thank you. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yay, so Dragoness confirmed she'll do chapter 10, and will get it done in the next two weeks.

Now if only ianish could also tell us that he'll get it done in a fortnight or so, then we could wrap this whole thing up by early June! Fab! Thanks to all readers for your fast response on this.

I shall post this as a book IP (in progress) in the Listeners Wanted forum to get a headstart on proof-listening. I'm afraid this will be a bit of a hard sell than some other listening fare (although, from what I've read so far, it's actually very good and at times exciting)! :)

If you'd like to help, please proof-listen some chapters (not your own, obviously): http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2390
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Just heard from ianish - he'll get chapter 26 done in the next fortnight, too, so we're all set! :)
Deborah177

Post by Deborah177 »

Hi Gesine,

I have finally uploaded Chapter 22.

I had it finished last week, but couldn't get a stable connection long enough to load it.

The link is:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1AAD326305D7DE6C

Cheers,

Deborah
www.mywritemind.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Fab. Thank you, Deborah. How would you like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue - I need a name (or alias) and personal URL, if you wish.
Deborah177

Post by Deborah177 »

Hi Gesine,

Thanks for reminding me.

Deborah Clark
www.mywritemind.com

I read somewhere that there was a central place to put this information, but I had forgot to track it down.

Cheers,

Deborah
www.mywritemind.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Deborah. I've added you to our readers' list: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ListOfReadersCatalogNames so in future BCs/MCs won't have to ask you and you can just tell them 'you're on the list' (but they'll probably figure it out anyway).
ianish

Post by ianish »

Hi Gesine,
Chapter 26 now is located at http://www.archive.org/details/ThucydidesThePeloponnesianWarBook8Chap26. Just checked. Got a wrong password message after uploading to the server you sent me. Had all been going fine until the end. Just thought I would pass that on.
Thanks for your efforts in pulling this project together.
ianish
Speaking the words of others to find another voice
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, ianish, got the file off archive.org! :)
Dragoness

Post by Dragoness »

Just stopping in to say I'm all recorded but only about half edited- editing is slower than I thought. Soon!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks for letting us know! :)
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

:cry:

Sorry for the delay in posting chapter 14. I thought I would have a recording setup that would work while I was on vacation...and didn't. Planning to record tomorrow night.

Berry