[COMPLETE] Rinkitink in Oz by L. Frank Baum, cl/ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/rinkitink-in-oz-by-l-frank-baum/

For my next project I would like to record Rinkitink in Oz. Rainer has already agreed to MC. Requisite information is below.

Rinkitink in Oz

L. Frank Baum

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/958

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Frank_Baum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinkitink_in_Oz

Projected completion date: September 1, 2007

Rinkitink in Oz is the tenth book in the Oz series written by L. Frank Baum, first published in 1916. It was originally written in 1905 as a stand alone fantasy work and subequently rewritten as an Oz book. Therefore, most of the action takes place outside of Oz in neighboring fairy countries. It tells the story of Prince Inga's quest to rescue his parents from captivity after his island home is ravaged by enemies. With the help of three magical pearls and the more dubious assistance of the excessively jolly King Rinkitink and his surly goat, Bilbil, his travels lead him to the underground caverns of the Nome King where he is united with some people from Oz who help him to free his parents and restore his island kingdom. (description written by Judy Bieber)

24 chapters/sections/files

first published in 1916.

Author died in 1919.

files will be posted on Rainer's server.

rinkitink_baum_01

Title: Rinkitink_01
Artist: L. Frank Baum
Album: Rinkitink in Oz

(BC admin link)
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

Well, everything is said, the magic window added and another L. Frank Baum book in progress.

And herewith I crown Judy to the "Queen of Oz" :D

Greetings,

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Oh No - I just noticed this thread.... I don't usually watch the "Solo" forum. I've already done a lot of work splitting Rinkitink into parts to record the same way I'm doing Scarecrow. I know you enjoy dong these solo, and I know it's OK if we duplicate, but I wanted to let you know.

PM me if you want to talk.

Scott
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

That's OK. The more the merrier. I only started this one because you had taken Scarecrow when I wasn't looking! I also hate listening to my own recordings so I'd just as soon have another version around that I can enjoy. Happy recording.
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

I've uploaded five chapters to your server if you want to transfer them to the magic box at some point. I'm hoping to get 4 or 5 a week to you until I'm finished. Then I will get around to editing the Frontier!
raynr

Post by raynr »

Great, I will link them in the magic window. Thanks, Judy!
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

You now have 13 chapters on your server and I have just passed the half way point. 11 chapters to go!
raynr

Post by raynr »

That's great! Congratulations! :D
BTW: Do you edit the chapters alternately from beginning and the end just for a change or is there a reason behind it? :wink:

Rainer
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Just for a change! And because the early chapters are longer than the later ones so I wanted a fake feeling of progress. :)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

Only 6 chapters to go. I am planning to get you a chapter a day until I am done, and in order too! Chapters 14-19 will be coming soon.

So if you want to start listening, you may.

best regards, Judy
raynr

Post by raynr »

Thanks Judy. I'll start prooflistening. But I don't know if I manage to keep up with your recording the book (but there are worse things, I think). :D

Greetings,

Rainer
raynr

Post by raynr »

Well, I can just say: Chapters 1-5 are perfect :D

EDIT: Chapters 6 and 7 also.

EDIT2: I listened up to chapter 11. And there is only one slight repeat at the end of chapter 10 (13:02 "but I'll bear the warning"). Congratulations! :D

EDIT3: Chapters 12-14 are perfect again. Now I will wait for the remaining chapters in the middle as I don't want to hear the end before I heard the middle. :D
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the repeat in chapter 10 and uploaded the new version on your server. Also I have uploaded two more chapters (15 & 16). I will try to do some more tomorrow. I hate to keep you in suspense. :wink:
raynr

Post by raynr »

I just wanted to write that I caught up again, but I just saw that you already put the next chapter on the server. :D
And chapters 15 and 16 are - of course - perfect.
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

I am determined to finish by the end of the weekend. But chapter 18 is VERY long - about a half an hour or so. Thanks!