COMPLETE - Specimen Days By Walt Whitman lb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

smijen wrote:Hi Linda - I'll do another one. Section 5: A New Army Organization Fit for America --- A Model Hospital
Just signed you up. Thanks!
smijen

Post by smijen »

Section 5 is done, and I've used the LV uploader for the first time: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200708/specimendays_05_whitman.mp3
00:22:23, 20.5 MB
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
guybrarian

Post by guybrarian »

Hello. Enthusiastic Librivox newbie but experienced reader and Whitman fan, I'd love to take section one (and possibly 2 and 3, if 1 works out for you).

(I may need a touch of handholding on the tech end, but I have a pretty good setup here, so shouldn't really be a problem.)

Let me know if you have questions, as I'm a stranger here, myself.

David Wright
Seattle Public Library (they have a podcast of me reading Gogol's The Nose, if you want a resume...)
dwright333@yahoo.com
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

guybrarian wrote:Hello. Enthusiastic Librivox newbie but experienced reader and Whitman fan, I'd love to take section one (and possibly 2 and 3, if 1 works out for you).

(I may need a touch of handholding on the tech end, but I have a pretty good setup here, so shouldn't really be a problem.)

Let me know if you have questions, as I'm a stranger here, myself.

David Wright
Seattle Public Library (they have a podcast of me reading Gogol's The Nose, if you want a resume...)
dwright333@yahoo.com
Thank for joining up!
I have you down for Sections 1, 2, and 3. If that's too much, just email me.
And welcome to Librivox!
djaquay

Post by djaquay »

I'd like section 7, assuming it's still available.

Dave

Update 9/19: I've got it recorded, just need to edit it.
joyousbohemian

Post by joyousbohemian »

I'm going to be bold and ask for section 8! This'll be my first recording, so put me down, without the pleasure of owning a url of my very own.
Last edited by joyousbohemian on March 8th, 2008, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djaquay

Post by djaquay »

Section 7 is done, and can be found at:

http://djaquay.homelinux.org/specimendays_07_whitman.mp3
It's 37:40 long and 36,161,602 bytes in size.

Dave
femlafrog

Post by femlafrog »

If it is still available I would like 14... Begin a Long Jaunt West -- The Women of the West
Deb

Post by Deb »

Hi there - I'd like to volunteer for section 18. To clarify, the birds section is "birds - birds - birds" in the Gutenberg text and lists the various birds WW observed?

Thanks!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Sarah -- Section 5 is all updated in the window -- thanks muchly! More..?

David -- I've ticked Section 7 off in the window, thanks! Is that link to longterm file storage..? If not, we'll need to move it, perhaps to the LV uploader. And -- would you like another section too..?

Bristol Ivy and femlafrog ... good to have you joining us. Section 8 and 14 are yours respectively! May I suggest, that if you've not sent a recording here before, that you try just a small bit, a minute or two, and send that as a sample..? Quite often, there are little adjustments that can be made in setup, which make a huge difference to the final recording (volume, often, or noisy background things.) It's not an audition, and is optional, though it's really handy to pick up easily-fixed things before working through the whole section. And please DO just ask if you've any other questions!

Deb -- section 18 is 'Birds--and a Caution' and then everything through to the end of 'Death of Longfellow'. I'll sign you up for it ... please post again if it doesn't make sense (I'm only having a quick peek at the text!) Or if you'd like to do a different section entirely! Hopefully Linda will be around shortly to double-check too. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
djaquay

Post by djaquay »

Cori wrote:David -- I've ticked Section 7 off in the window, thanks! Is that link to longterm file storage..? If not, we'll need to move it, perhaps to the LV uploader. And -- would you like another section too..?
Thanks. Yes, that link is long-term.

I may come back and pick up another section shortly. I'm trying to not sign up for anything until I know I'll at least record it within a day or two, (as I've shown a bad habit in the past for signing up for several sections and letting them sit). ATM I'm doing an orphan on another project, so once I get that edited...

Dave
joyousbohemian

Post by joyousbohemian »

Urgh. I can't find a single place in my house where I can record without disgusting amounts of background noise, so I'm afraid, for the good of the recording, I'm going to need to pass my chapter onto someone else. Sorry!
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Okay. For some reason, immediately after signing up for this, all USB microphones I had started acting funky (distorted recording, whatnot). Since it was all of them, something must have messed up software-side. Not wanting to format my PC, I... forgot about this.

But now I'm living elsewhere and have borrowed a standard audio microphone. So, I'll still try to contribute—sorry for the undesirable delay.
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

joyousbohemian wrote:Urgh. I can't find a single place in my house where I can record without disgusting amounts of background noise, so I'm afraid, for the good of the recording, I'm going to need to pass my chapter onto someone else. Sorry!
Ah!!! what a shame, when your ready I'm sure you will find something to record. Thanks for letting us know.

Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Kookaburra wrote:Okay. For some reason, immediately after signing up for this, all USB microphones I had started acting funky (distorted recording, whatnot). Since it was all of them, something must have messed up software-side. Not wanting to format my PC, I... forgot about this.

But now I'm living elsewhere and have borrowed a standard audio microphone. So, I'll still try to contribute—sorry for the undesirable delay.
Thanks for letting us know and so happy that you are still keen to contribute, look forward to your recording and welcome to the project.

Thanks Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]