COMPLETE: The Water-Babies by Charles Kingsley CL/cs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

And 11.

This won't be finished for July, but it's looking good for August.

(Assuming I don't spend a month faffing about with it. I already need to check the end-silences, which I think are generally too long. And I accidentally spent an hour the other morning researching music, which'd be good at the very start of the book, and after the moral ... oh dear.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Just re-uploading 11, since, somehow, after dozens of normal recordings here, I saw fit to make this a 64KB MP3. Go me. :roll:

But 12 is tagging along with it, so it's not SO bad. One chapter left to record, two left to edit. 5 parts in total. Nearly there!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Both parts of Chapter 7 are being uploaded now.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Part 1 of Chapter 8, and the Moral are up now -- just one part left to go!!

No hurry on the proof-listening, though, I've yet to come up with the summary, and the editing on that last part is liable to consume an unreasonable amount of time. :)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Sections 9 - 12 OK
Karen S.
Cori

Post by Cori »

The final part is now uploading!!!!

Whew!!!!

So, obviously now, I'm going to spend another month faffing about. As a result, the ID3 tags are mostly AWOL -- please don't worry about that. I've produced a new version of the Moral at the end with a tiny burst of music to close ... this music is from Berlioz's Roman Carnival as found here at Musopen and explicitly released into the public domain. Am just about to do the same with chapter 1 at the very start ...

Opinions welcome!!
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Sections 13 - 14 OK
Karen S.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Section 15 & 17 OK

I quite like the snippets of music on sections 1 and 17.
Karen S.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Cool. :D
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Section 16 OK, and that's the last of the proof-listening!
Karen S.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Image Image
kayray

Post by kayray »

And, it's up!
http://librivox.org/the-water-babies-by-charles-kingsley/

Another great Cori solo! Hooray!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)