[COMPLETE] The Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jglange

Post by jglange »

The Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) . Translated by Henry Cole (1792-1858).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-bondage-of-the-will-by-martin-luther/
On the Bondage of the Will (Latin: 'De Servo Arbitrio', literally, "On Un-free Will", or "Concerning Bound Choice"), by Martin Luther, was published in December 1525. It was his reply to Desiderius Erasmus's De libero arbitrio diatribe sive collatio or On Free Will, which had appeared in September 1524 as Erasmus's first public attack on Luther, after being wary about the methods of the reformer for many years. At issue was whether human beings, after the Fall of Man, are free to choose good or evil. The debate between Luther and Erasmus is one of the earliest of the Reformation over the issue of free will and predestination. (Summary by wikipedia)
  • Target completion date: 2012-May-31
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.ccel.org/ccel/luther/bondage.txt
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Bondage of the Will . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Bondage of the Will , by Martin Luther . Translated by Henry Cole [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther . Translated by Henry Cole This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Bondage of the Will , by Martin Luther . Translated by Henry Cole "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    bondageofthewill_##_luther.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Martin Luther
    Album: The Bondage of the Will

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: tg - TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll MC. Feel free to start uploading to my folder if you have anything done yet. It'll take me a little while to get the MW up. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Almost done.

I found Henry Cole here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cole_%28minister%29
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okay! At your leisure, please put the section numbers in front of the titles in the MW, like "00 - Prefaces". That way if you make any mistakes in the ID tags, I can just import them from the Magic Window. And if you do it, I won't have to. :lol:

Moving you to Going Solo. When you get a couple sections up, we can advertise for a DPL. :)
jglange

Post by jglange »

The first three sections are recorded and awaiting editing. They'll start going up tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for agreeing to MC. After I get a couple of sections up, I'll put it on the board to look for a DPL.

sdg

Jon
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

Hi! I would like to be the DPL! :)

I'll start by the two first sections already available, if you see no objection. :wink:
Vince
jglange

Post by jglange »

webtv64 wrote:Hi! I would like to be the DPL! :)

I'll start by the two first sections already available, if you see no objection. :wink:
Awesome!!! Thank you for volunteering. I am editing the third section right now. No need for a word-perfect PL, standard will be just fine with me.

sdg

Jon
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

webtv64 - I've given you MW access. Have you ever accessed the MW before? If not, I'll have to send you your login and password.
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

TriciaG wrote:webtv64 - I've given you MW access. Have you ever accessed the MW before? If not, I'll have to send you your login and password.
I don't even know what is a MW lol! Thanks! :)
Vince
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha ha! Sorry - it's the Magic Window. As DPL, you get to go in and put your PL notes in the notes field that shows on the first post of the project thread. :)

I'll PM you the info.
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

Perfect! Will update tomorrow.
Vince
jglange

Post by jglange »

Greetings webtv64,

Is there a more personal name that you would like me to use?

I have uploaded Section 02 to the MW. Now that you are the DPL, I won't bother to write "PL needed" with each new section. Instead, I'll just alert you to it with a post like this one.

Welcome aboard. Thanks again for volunteering.

sdg

Jon
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

Hey Jon, you can call me Vince! :)
Vince
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

Hey, so you are a really good reader, no stubble at all! There's just some technical stuff :

Section 01:There is some kind of weird sound at 00:12

I noticed that clip a few times on section 02 and will pinpoint them tomorrow.
Vince
jglange

Post by jglange »

Thanks, Vince. That was a strange sound. I'm curious how it got there. Also curious where they'll show up in 02.

sdg

Jon