COMPLETE: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy-ce/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Back!

-Catharine
shabam

Post by shabam »

Lissa_Maylee wrote:Okay, sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but I expected to finish these sooner, too.

Here is Suzanne for chapters 3, 4, 5, and 19.
Shoot... I got really busy last week, and I am just getting to downloading these... Yousendit no longer has them, it says they are expired. Since these are small files, they can be emailed no problem. I'll PM you my email address.

Jason
MrOldGuy

Post by MrOldGuy »

Your calling him Baronet spurned me into looking up Bart, and sure enough it means Baronet... Nice to know... In speaking that, would someone say "Sir Percy Blakeney, Baronet" or would they simple say "Sir Percy Blakeney, Bart". I should note that in the abbreviations section of my instructions.
I believe that in the theatrical presentation of Pimpernel, he says "Baronet". And I can't imagine the foppish dandy, Sir Percy, stating that he was a "Bart". (Sink me, man!) ;-)

If I have to choose chapters, I might as well start from the beginning. That way, if we don't have any other Percy readers, I can just continue on. I regularly read to my children (in voices) as they were growing up, so I am used to reading aloud. I would be glad to do the whole part, if you need me to. :thumbs:

-- MrOldGuy (aka Tim)
shabam

Post by shabam »

MrOldGuy wrote:If I have to choose chapters, I might as well start from the beginning. That way, if we don't have any other Percy readers, I can just continue on. I regularly read to my children (in voices) as they were growing up, so I am used to reading aloud. I would be glad to do the whole part, if you need me to. :thumbs:
ok. I'll mark you down for Chapter 1 then! Do you want another right away?

Also, for his parts, when we credit you, I'd prefer that you credit it as the character he is in. So in Chapter 1, for your credit line should be "Old Hag in Cart read by..." (I'm always afraid to say stuff like that, because it gives away stuff that if people are reading this for the first time might not want to know... but we need to say it in order to get this book done.)

Jason
shabam

Post by shabam »

Tim,

Also, if you want to read a part in chapters 2-5 (or the narration) even though Percy does not show up, that would be great.

Jason
MrOldGuy

Post by MrOldGuy »

ok. I'll mark you down for Chapter 1 then! Do you want another right away?
I finished "the old hag" in Chapter 1, but I couldn't find a folder on librivox.earthcallingdavid.com to post it in. So I created a "Pimpernel" folder and put the file there. The link is http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/Pimpernel/pimpernel_percy_01_orczy.mp3.

For now, I'll just take the next chapter that Percy is in, if that is OK. I will pick up some narration when I have a bit more contiguous time to spend on it.

-- MrOldGuy (aka Tim)
shabam

Post by shabam »

MrOldGuy wrote:I finished "the old hag" in Chapter 1, but I couldn't find a folder on librivox.earthcallingdavid.com to post it in. So I created a "Pimpernel" folder and put the file there. The link is http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/Pimpernel/pimpernel_percy_01_orczy.mp3.
That was quick! I'm not using that server to store the files, I have my own. I do not currently have a publicly accessable place to upload the files to, so I'll download it from David's server and move it to mine.

For other chapters, you can either post it to a server space you have, or use something like yousendit.com to create a link that I can then download.
For now, I'll just take the next chapter that Percy is in, if that is OK. I will pick up some narration when I have a bit more contiguous time to spend on it.
Great. Chapter 6's Percy is yours.

Jason
Keiran

Post by Keiran »

I'd be happy to do some narration. (I'd also be happy to read parts, but as it seems narration is the harder-to-come-by aspect, I mention it first.) I'm not picky as to which bit; if you'd like, I'll start on Chapter 3 immediately.
shabam

Post by shabam »

Keiran,

Thanks! Chapter 3 narration is yours! If you want to narrate one chapter, and be a character in another, that'd be great. Bibot in Chapter one, for example?

Thanks,

Jason
Keiran

Post by Keiran »

Chapter 3 narration is at http://download.yousendit.com/34B2199F7B85793A - I'll be back soon to claim some more parts.
shabam

Post by shabam »

Thanks Keiran! I'm downloading it now!

Jason
shabam

Post by shabam »

Hey guys, I did some listening, and I'm pretty happy with what I'm hearing! Thanks guys!
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

Okay, can I have Chapter 11, narration? I think I'd like to vary it a bit. :)
shabam

Post by shabam »

Lissa_Maylee wrote:Okay, can I have Chapter 11, narration? I think I'd like to vary it a bit. :)
Yes, please! It is all yours. Thanks!

Jason
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

Okay, here's chapter 11 narration!

I do hope that the parts of the dialogue I skipped don't make it too confusing! This seems like such a big job for you.

File is 11 MB: http://download.yousendit.com/C85F8C0800111DE0