COMPLETE: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy-ce/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alana

Post by alana »

Why is this showing as incomplete on my catalog page?
musicmaiden

Post by musicmaiden »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pimpernel_ladyportarles_10_orczy.mp3
Here's the part of Lady Portarles. If you hear anything you'd like changed or done different just message me - it's a short enough part I can redo pretty easily. :)

Alana, your part probably won't come up as complete until the entire chapter is complete. :)
www.musicmaiden.wordpress.com
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Musicmaiden's right. If you check the Magic Window on the first page, you'll see that shabam has your part marked as complete. Other folks haven't gotten their bits in, or shabam hasn't yet edited the thing together into a complete file; therefore that section is incomplete.
RissaDove

Post by RissaDove »

Hello all! I would like to do the narration for section 19 if it's still open, and perhaps a small female role that hasn't been taken, but I'll decide on that after the narration.
HollyBliss

Post by HollyBliss »

Hi, Everyone--

I'd love to do the narration on Chapter 14, if that's OK.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Rissa and Holly -

I'm not certain where shabam is. I've sent him a PM, hopefully he'll get back to you soon!

-Catharine
shabam

Post by shabam »

Sorry, I wasn't getting notice that messages were posted so I didn't know to come check. I've been really busy with my masters program so have not been checking back here very often....

Rissa and Holly, I assigned you your chapters. Thanks for your patience.

Holly, If you can send me your name and a URL (web site) you want listed, I can add those to the database as well.

Thanks,

Jason
Help save lives from the guillotine! Join the [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8971]Scarlet Pimpernel[/url] today!
HollyBliss

Post by HollyBliss »

Hi, Jason--

Thanks for letting me play! You can list me as Holly Bliss; there's no URL.

I do have a question, though, about the Gutenberg text for Chapter 14. There are strange bits missing in one particular paragraph; a letter in one case, and entire bits of text in another case, which make it read strangely. I have a Penguin copy of Pimpernel which includes all the missing words, but I know working from more modern printings is dicey PD-wise. Is there another PD-safe source for the text? Should I just go with the Gutenberg version? Or can I go with the Penguin?

I'm happy to do whatever you recommend.

Holly
shabam

Post by shabam »

HollyBliss wrote:I do have a question, though, about the Gutenberg text for Chapter 14. There are strange bits missing in one particular paragraph; a letter in one case, and entire bits of text in another case, which make it read strangely.
Holly,

Can you point me to the location so I can look? If something is wrong with the text we want it fixed at PG as well as here and I'll manage that if it needs fixing.

Thanks,

Jason
Help save lives from the guillotine! Join the [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8971]Scarlet Pimpernel[/url] today!
HollyBliss

Post by HollyBliss »

Sure, Jason--I probably should've thought of that.javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

It's the paragraph after Chauvelin reaches the supper room. It begins, "Half-empty glasses..."

The Penguin version reads:

"Half-empty glasses littered the table, unfolded napkins lay about, the chairs--turned towards one another in groups of twos and threes--seemed like the seats of ghosts, in close conversation with one another. There were sets of two chairs--very close to one another--in the far corners of the room..."

Then the two versions go on in agreement, but the Penguin version adds an 's' after dowager, which makes more sense.

Let me know what you think.

Holly
shabam

Post by shabam »

For now, lets go with what is in the PG text. I'm sure that what you have is fine, but I don't have time to research it right now. In a couple weeks I should be able to.

Jason
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Nice to see you back, Jason - good luck with your master's program! Wozzit in?

-Catharine, distinctly off-topic
HollyBliss

Post by HollyBliss »

Thanks, Jason--I'll just go ahead with the Gutenberg, then.

Holly
shabam

Post by shabam »

Catherine,

Elementary and special education. In June I'll have my teaching creds for pre-k to 8 special ed and pre-k to 8 general ed and a masters in education.

Holly,

Great. I look forward to hearing it.

All,

The term is over in a couple weeks. I hope to have time to clean up this project a little at that time. I'll make sure the magic window is updated with all turned in projects. I'll also be contacting everyone with a part checked out to see if you plan on finishing it.

Thanks!

Jason
HollyBliss

Post by HollyBliss »

Hi, Jason--

Hope your semester is wrapping up well!

Here is the narration for Chapter 14; I read all the dialogue, too, just for the heck of it, and I think any serious goofs are limited to those bits. If this chapter is OK, I'd like to claim the narration for Chapter 16, also--it has the loveliest moments between Percy and Marguerite...

The file is 16:00 minutes long, and 7.3MB

Thanks, Holly
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pimpernel_14_orczy.mp3