COMPLETE: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy-ce/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Precious

Post by Precious »

I would like section 07.
shabam

Post by shabam »

Lissa_Maylee wrote:Okay, here's chapter 11 narration!
Thanks! Sounds great!
I do hope that the parts of the dialogue I skipped don't make it too confusing! This seems like such a big job for you.
It is great, and yes, it is going to be a BIG job! I'm expecting it to take some time to edit it.
Got it.

Jason
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

Okay, since I'll be awake, awaiting a looong plane ride...I think I'll do Marguerite, Chapter 12 tonight.
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

...and here it is, at 3.43 MB: http://download.yousendit.com/95FE07060661A5C2

I did turn up a bit louder yet. Hope that helps!
shabam

Post by shabam »

Ohhh... Well done! Thank you! When you get home, and over your jet lag, let me know what part you want next!

Does your flying home mean that you do not live in Guangzhou, but are recording there? Will your next set of recordings have another location listed?

Enjoy.

Jason
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

shabam wrote:Ohhh... Well done! Thank you! When you get home, and over your jet lag, let me know what part you want next!

Does your flying home mean that you do not live in Guangzhou, but are recording there? Will your next set of recordings have another location listed?
Will do!

Well, I live in Guangzhou for the just-finished and upcoming school years. I'm from Minnesota, and I'll be staying with my parents for the summer break. In the interest of accuracy, I suppose I will have to list MN as my location next time.
shabam

Post by shabam »

Lissa_Maylee wrote:Well, I live in Guangzhou for the just-finished and upcoming school years.
Ahh... A student. Very cool. I work in International Affairs at Portland State University, so we deal a lot with students from other countries. China is on of our top populations (I think they are the third largest, but they may have been bumped down by Saudi Arabia)
I'm from Minnesota, and I'll be staying with my parents for the summer break. In the interest of accuracy, I suppose I will have to list MN as my location next time.
You don't have to. You could say "recorded by Elvis Presley, from the Moon" and I wouldn't complain ;) (others might)

Jason
Lissa_Maylee

Post by Lissa_Maylee »

shabam wrote: Ahh... A student. Very cool.
Jason
Aaactually, I'm a foreign teacher. But I'm on the young side--in China, the basic requirements to be a foreign English teacher are pretty low. 8)
shabam

Post by shabam »

That is a great experience. I wanted to do it myself, but with a wife, daughter, plus pets, I don't think it would work out.

Our Education Abroad program is sending 34 students to Korea to teach English to elementary school kids over the summer. I would have liked to do that, but they would not pay for my wife and daughter to fly over there with me, and I'm not leaving them for that long. Besides, I'm taking classes this summer, so I can start my Masters in the Fall. (the last pre-reqs).

Enjoy your flight. I hope they have a good movie for you to watch, or you bring a couple good books.... Do they have the restrictions on liquid carry ons flying out of China, like they do in the US? Not sure if that is an international thing, or just US...

Jason
shabam

Post by shabam »

Hey, I just thought of something.... If you have a decent portable recording system (laptop with mic will work) you can collect some fun sound effects for our sister site: pdsounds.org. Could get some good busy people sounds, in the airport... not sure if they allow the laptops to be on during take off, but plane takeoff sounds would be cool... And what about the announcements and stuff?

Anyway... enjoy your flight!

Jason
Precious

Post by Precious »

Hello, I would like narration on section 07. I posted a few days ago but did not get an answer. I was wondering if it was because I asked for the full section? Thanks.
shabam

Post by shabam »

Precious,

Ooops... I didn't see your first post... I'm so sorry! :oops:

Section 7 narration is your!

Have fun with it!

Jason :)
Ken Theriot

Post by Ken Theriot »

Jason,

Hopefully I understand how this is working. Lisa (my wife) and I would like to sign up for sections 8 and 16. Each of those sections has only 2 characters. Lisa would do Marguerite in both, and I would be Chauvelin in 8 and Percy in 16. Is that permissible?

Thanks.

Ken
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

If Lisa could make herself a forum account, that'd be nice for our database purposes. (Otherwise, her credit in the database is going to be no-forum-name-##, for whatever value of ## we've got up to!)

-Catharine
Ken Theriot

Post by Ken Theriot »

Catharine,

Sorry, I should have put that on my post. She does have one: http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1623

Ken