COMPLETE - [SHORT STORIES] - Myths and Legends Around the World (recorded in English) - Collection 11-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey there - I need two things from you before I load another story:

1 - what name do you want us to use on your Catalog Reader Page (see the P.S. on my first response)

2 - which of these two stories do you want for this collection? (I think this response quoted below got lost in our scrolling discussion) :)
LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:38 pm
AshyiaReyes wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:04 pm I'd like to claim the story "Baldur" and the story "Thor Fighting the Serpent" from the "Asgard Stories: Tales from Norse Mythology" novel. Please let me know if this is acceptable.
Those stories are great! Keep in mind that each reader is allowed to submit two stories per collection, so one of these is perfect for Collection 11, but the other one needs to wait and be submitted for Collection 12. Collection 12 will open very soon after this one gets its 12th story.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
AshyiaReyes

Post by AshyiaReyes »

LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Hey there - I need two things from you before I load another story:

1 - what name do you want us to use on your Catalog Reader Page (see the P.S. on my first response)

2 - which of these two stories do you want for this collection? (I think this response quoted below got lost in our scrolling discussion) :)
LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:38 pm
AshyiaReyes wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:04 pm I'd like to claim the story "Baldur" and the story "Thor Fighting the Serpent" from the "Asgard Stories: Tales from Norse Mythology" novel. Please let me know if this is acceptable.
Those stories are great! Keep in mind that each reader is allowed to submit two stories per collection, so one of these is perfect for Collection 11, but the other one needs to wait and be submitted for Collection 12. Collection 12 will open very soon after this one gets its 12th story.

1. I’d like my reader page name to be A. K. Kent and 2. Id like the “Baldur” story for this collection.
Thank you for all the help thus far!
Amergin

Post by Amergin »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

COLLECTION 11 is now closed.

Collection 12 will be opening very soon. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Ashyia :)

"The Baker's Dozen" still has too low a volume. It was at 79.something decibels, now it's up to 82.2. It needs to be between 86 and 92. Can you please open the file again, highlight the entire track, and use the Amplify effect again to increase the volume? If you raise it by 6, that should be great.

P.S. Here is your personal Reader Page: A. K. Kent.

You'll see that it lists all the projects you are a part of, both complete and in-progress. It also has a link to the lists of all the sections that are assigned to you for recording and/or prooflistening. Very handy!
Last edited by LCaulkins on October 6th, 2021, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Amergin wrote: October 6th, 2021, 4:08 am Here is The Cow of Plenty, run time 15:00

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mlaw011_thecowofplenty_young_ac_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Amanda
Thanks, Amanda! This is loaded and queued.

I was able to sift back in the posts to find the source, but please remember to include a link for the source along with the link for a recording. :)
~Lynette * -
Amergin

Post by Amergin »

LCaulkins wrote: October 6th, 2021, 9:26 am
Amergin wrote: October 6th, 2021, 4:08 am Here is The Cow of Plenty, run time 15:00

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mlaw011_thecowofplenty_young_ac_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Amanda
Thanks, Amanda! This is loaded and queued.

I was able to sift back in the posts to find the source, but please remember to include a link for the source along with the link for a recording. :)
Thanks! Will do
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello :)

"Baldur" is PL OK :thumbs:

~ Also ~

I wanted to let you know that Collection 12 is active now, so if you want to upload "Thor Fighting the Serpent," it is ready for that.

Can you please change the file name to start with mlaw012_

Then upload it at Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 12

(don't forget to include the length of time for the file) :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks
Amanda
Nice! "The Cow of Plenty" is PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks so much for contributing, Amanda :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And that's a wrap for Collection 11!

We should be ready for your part, MaryAnn :)

I've double-checked the metadata for each section, and that everyone's story has been marked on the resource sheet.
Oh! Hold on - let me pull the updated Summary, and will paste it in here, too.

Here it is:

This collection is dedicated to recordings of short mythical or legendary works which are in the Public Domain. The stories tell of legends, heroes, myths, and ancient lore from many different cultures.
~Lynette * -
Amergin

Post by Amergin »

Thanks for leading this project Lynette. I have had so much fun! I look forward to listening to everyone's stories. :)
Amanda
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/myths-and-legends-around-the-world-11/
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yay! Way to go, everyone! :clap:
~Lynette * -
dawn80

Post by dawn80 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/thesprightlytaylorfinal.mp3

source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7885

HI, I was very sick last week, hopefully, this is not too late? Or maybe you can use it for #12? Thanks for letting me create something!!
AshyiaReyes

Post by AshyiaReyes »

dawn80 wrote: October 10th, 2021, 3:56 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/thesprightlytaylorfinal.mp3

source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7885

HI, I was very sick last week, hopefully, this is not too late? Or maybe you can use it for #12? Thanks for letting me create something!!
They already closed Collection 11, but 12 is open. Send it there, please!