[COMPLETE][SOLO]The Primrose Path, by Bram Stoker - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 4:33 amDon't PL yet! I will go through it and find the time stamps for you, so you don't have to PL the whole thing. Sorry I overlooked that :oops:
no it's just the same work for you now, don't worry about it. I just mention it further reference ;) because if you put the time stamps down as soon as you edit a part, it will not be much added work for you and it will facilitate the work of the DPL emormously.

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: August 30th, 2021, 5:04 am
jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 4:33 amDon't PL yet! I will go through it and find the time stamps for you, so you don't have to PL the whole thing. Sorry I overlooked that :oops:
no it's just the same work for you now, don't worry about it. I just mention it further reference ;) because if you put the time stamps down as soon as you edit a part, it will not be much added work for you and it will facilitate the work of the DPL emormously.

Sonia
Too late :lol: :lol: see message above yours hahaha

I'll definitely remember that for future edits
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 5:05 amToo late :lol: :lol: see message above yours hahaha
:lol: yes I saw it as soon as I had posted mine.

Well, it did make my job easier, and wow you made great edits !!! The sound is exactly the same. So I see you don't need to fear editing ;)

Chapter 1 is now definitely PL ok.

On to chapter 2... (and then I record my chapter 7)

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: August 30th, 2021, 5:15 am
jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 5:05 amToo late :lol: :lol: see message above yours hahaha
:lol: yes I saw it as soon as I had posted mine.

Well, it did make my job easier, and wow you made great edits !!! The sound is exactly the same. So I see you don't need to fear editing ;)

Chapter 1 is now definitely PL ok.

On to chapter 2... (and then I record my chapter 7)

Sonia
Thanks! :thumbs: I'm going for a golf lesson now, :help: , and I'll be back to PL your Chapter 6 after.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 4:33 amAlso, I have uploaded Section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_02_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 18m21s
I liked Parnell's attitude :thumbs: and so cool, it's his picture that we can see on the front page, well depicted. I see there are other pictures from that series, always with death and the devil and alcohol. It shows the downfall. It's so sad that Jerry will make this mistake, although he has been more than warned.

BTW the pictures would make a great cover. Are you planning on making it yourself ? If so, you can preclaim the cover in the covermaker's thread. As BC you can preclaim. Otherwise, the first who puts in his claim will do the cover. Chances are high though that they will take one of those pictures as well.

Oh and Chapter 2 is perfectly PL ok.

Enjoy your golfing. Hope you have good weather. It's not a sport that I fancy much, but I did some minigolfing in my time :lol: (not the same, I know)

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: August 30th, 2021, 5:38 am
jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 4:33 amAlso, I have uploaded Section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_02_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 18m21s
I liked Parnell's attitude :thumbs: and so cool, it's his picture that we can see on the front page, well depicted. I see there are other pictures from that series, always with death and the devil and alcohol. It shows the downfall. It's so sad that Jerry will make this mistake, although he has been more than warned.

BTW the pictures would make a great cover. Are you planning on making it yourself ? If so, you can preclaim the cover in the covermaker's thread. As BC you can preclaim. Otherwise, the first who puts in his claim will do the cover. Chances are high though that they will take one of those pictures as well.

Oh and Chapter 2 is perfectly PL ok.

Enjoy your golfing. Hope you have good weather. It's not a sport that I fancy much, but I did some minigolfing in my time :lol: (not the same, I know)

Sonia
Thanks for the PL!
Interesting isn't it? And later you will see Grinnell, the London barkeeper, described in almost exactly the same way as the devil, with the skull-like features. I don't think Stoker is a fan of alcohol.
I might have a go at doing the cover, if I have time :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 7:07 am I might have a go at doing the cover, if I have time :)
well if you consider this, best preclaim it. You can always unclaim it again at the end if you change your mind

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh I just saw your question in the covermaker's thread. Sorry if I wasn't precise enough.

You make a written preclaim here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
here you can see an example on how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=1938002#p1938002
The project number you can see by hovering over the BC Admin button under the MW. (17041 in your case)

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: August 30th, 2021, 7:42 am oh I just saw your question in the covermaker's thread. Sorry if I wasn't precise enough.

You make a written preclaim here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
here you can see an example on how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=1938002#p1938002
The project number you can see by hovering over the BC Admin button under the MW. (17041 in your case)

Sonia
Ahh great, thank you :mrgreen:

Here we have Chapter 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_03_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 22m24s

Not a lot of talking in this one. Mostly setting up the decline of Jerry's mental state, a Cockney letter (sorry in advance), and Katey's grief :( .
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 31st, 2021, 12:15 pmHere we have Chapter 3:
Not a lot of talking in this one. Mostly setting up the decline of Jerry's mental state, a Cockney letter (sorry in advance), and Katey's grief :( .
I don't like Jack's selfishness. :evil: Indeed I think the tragedy could have been avoided if he first went alone to London to test the waters and let his family come after once he's made a name for himself. A lot of Italian and Portuguese immigrants did it like that when they went North to find work in the 50s and 60s. Way better for the family and if they don't succeed, they always have a good home to return to instead of facing utter ruin.

I liked the Cockney letter. As a matter of fact I recorded Chapter 8 of the Yellow Face just before PLing this chapter and I also had to do a bit of what I think is Cockney :lol: Of course mine sounds more over-the-top than yours, I guess yours is more the genuine deal though. Well, I let you judge for yourself later on, if I manage to finish the editing today.

Chapter 3 is perfectly PL ok again :) Great job, Jake, thanks

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: September 1st, 2021, 5:24 am
jakemalizia wrote: August 31st, 2021, 12:15 pmHere we have Chapter 3:
I don't like Jack's selfishness. :evil: Indeed I think the tragedy could have been avoided if he first went alone to London to test the waters and let his family come after once he's made a name for himself. A lot of Italian and Portuguese immigrants did it like that when they went North to find work in the 50s and 60s. Way better for the family and if they don't succeed, they always have a good home to return to instead of facing utter ruin.

I liked the Cockney letter. As a matter of fact I recorded Chapter 8 of the Yellow Face just before PLing this chapter and I also had to do a bit of what I think is Cockney :lol: Of course mine sounds more over-the-top than yours, I guess yours is more the genuine deal though. Well, I let you judge for yourself later on, if I manage to finish the editing today.

Chapter 3 is perfectly PL ok again :) Great job, Jake, thanks

Sonia
Jack, you mean Jerry? :lol: That's Yellow Face ingrained in your mind.
It's funny you say he should have gone to London alone to test the waters, because that's exactly what his family suggested - see next chapter.

And here it is, Chapter 4 - hope I made Grinnell sound diabolical enough, as it's quite obvious he's meant to be the devilish character
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_04_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 23m33s

Looking forward to your over-the-top Cockney :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: September 1st, 2021, 12:01 pmJack, you mean Jerry? :lol: That's Yellow Face ingrained in your mind.
:oops: oops, yes, indeed LOL the names are so similar
It's funny you say he should have gone to London alone to test the waters, because that's exactly what his family suggested - see next chapter.
ah yes, Katey should have stayed home. Maybe it would all have been better in the end :(
And here it is, Chapter 4 - hope I made Grinnell sound diabolical enough, as it's quite obvious he's meant to be the devilish character
oh yes his description is an excellent likeness to the death picture. But also Mephistopheles is accurate. I bet he is no good either. Already Jerry is paying for the drinks :roll: he won't be seeing that money again.

Another perfect chapter and PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 1:51 am
oh yes his description is an excellent likeness to the death picture. But also Mephistopheles is accurate. I bet he is no good either. Already Jerry is paying for the drinks :roll: he won't be seeing that money again.
Another perfect chapter and PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
Shockingly he does see the money again... the first time. He's lulled into a false sense of security. Gets manipulated into being totally drunk and then pays for everyone's drinks... :|

Here's Chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_05_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 18m19s

That's the halfway point! Unbelievable.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 11:09 amShockingly he does see the money again... the first time. He's lulled into a false sense of security. Gets manipulated into being totally drunk and then pays for everyone's drinks... :|
despicable is all I can say :( and this after barely a few days in London. Most people keep upright a little bit longer than that :lol:

So I hope the next day he is very contrite and swears to mend his ways. Of course, keeping the same company will inevitably give the same results.
yes, this project is a little bit more manageable than your last mammoth opus :mrgreen: Chapter 5 definitely PL ok. :thumbs:

Thanks for another great narrative

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 11:47 am
jakemalizia wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 11:09 amShockingly he does see the money again... the first time. He's lulled into a false sense of security. Gets manipulated into being totally drunk and then pays for everyone's drinks... :|
despicable is all I can say :( and this after barely a few days in London. Most people keep upright a little bit longer than that :lol:

So I hope the next day he is very contrite and swears to mend his ways. Of course, keeping the same company will inevitably give the same results.
yes, this project is a little bit more manageable than your last mammoth opus :mrgreen: Chapter 5 definitely PL ok. :thumbs:

Thanks for another great narrative

Sonia
Well, you were absolutely right. He basically promises it will only happen the one time and tries to return to normal... then thinking surely there's no harm in going to Grinnell's pub and not drinking? :roll:
Finally we have a cliffhanger in this one. I was starting to think the torture would only be a one-sided affair :lol:
Chapter 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/primrosepath_06_stoker_128kb.mp3 - 16m35s